advertisement

Black Friday shopping list - what will you be buying if the price is right?

If I can get a discounted iPhone 7 for my daughter then I will. It’s number one on her Christmas list so I will be buying one either way but I’d appreciate it if I could save a couple of quid... I’m not getting my hopes up though.

I wouldn’t mind picking up a Rega Apheta discounted too but I’m not banking on that either.

That aside, I’m well sorted for all my tech stuff really, I bought a Sony RX100 camera this time last year as well as a Sony 4K TV.

How old are you? Saga do discounts on Apple products (but John Lewis provide a two year warranty).

Today I bought from Amazon,

45 rolls of Andrex.
50 mini magnets
Websun (upgraded version) activated LED toilet light

And, but alas not in the sale a 18 cup stove top espresso maker.

Bloss

Does any good stuff ever get a gig in these Black Friday deals? everything I'm after buying always seems to stay full up. If only I were in the market for a Kodak 50" TV then I'd join the scrum at Tesco for sure ;)

Last year I got my sons Christmas present from Currys, Samsung 10.1" Tab A, for £50 off, which was very worthwhile. You never see them at that price anywhere else.
Personally, I would not bother with a Kodak TV. It's a long term investment, so buy a decent one. I have only ever bought Sony's and a Samsung (although LG's now have a very good reputation).

I'm hoping I might find a Rega Ear, but also am torn - it must be due for a revamp very soon (so they may be sold cheaper?), as it's the only Rega kit still in the old style box (I want the old type to match the TT PSU and Fono mkII). Any news on when that might be, Mr Darwin?

Just taken advantage of Amazon's deals and bought myself a new pair of Merrell trainers that had 56% off their price! My Inov8's are on their last legs, so timing was right...

Stevec67, that would be 18 single shots. We often fancy an Americano so that might make 2 largish mugs no idea about coffee/water ratio
until we see the thing. I have quite a few 6,4,2 and 1 stove top efforts.

Bloss

I see. However you don't get the best brew from overfilling the base and minimal coffee, so the better route s usually to make a smaller shot and then just water it down with water from the kettle. YMMV.

So far I've bought a Bosch mini sander, mains extension lead and an ethernet cable. The Sonos Play:1 is £167.50 delivered @superfi but that's still more than the typical pre-Brexit price and perhaps still more than it ought to be considering there's a new Sonos Play 'One' in town with onboard Alexa. There's also no sign of a good deal for the Bluesound Pulse Flex or an Android phone that reputedly does high quality audio playback such as the ZTE Axon Mini 7.

2 years ago, from BA, 2 business class tickets to Jo'burg leaving just before Christmas (i.e. peak season) at half price.
if you know where to look BA and others regularly offer 2 for one on J class flights. Every long haul flight we've done over the last 10 odd years has been ticketed with offers like this.

on our list (the Mrs) is a 4 slice Dualit toaster, La Spaziale S1 Mini Vivaldi II...... and for me I am pondering and Amazon Echo plus

if you know where to look BA and others regularly offer 2 for one on J class flights. Every long haul flight we've done over the last 10 odd years has been ticketed with offers like this.
I get lots of offers and like you, done it many times in J and F but in this case it was for flights on 23rd Dec which is almost impossible to get anywhere.
For example, today's J price for the same dates is £4834 each. We paid £1850 each approx.

<moderating>

Please post links to all the things you are findng! pfm makes a fair chunk of its meagre income out of link-affiliation so not only does it help others find bargains but it helps pay for this site too!

Amazon are being well dodgy by advertising a price but when you look more closely you only get the lower price if you sign up for their credit card. Not sure that is even legal. I think I will run it past trading standards on Monday.

advertisement

Back