advertisement

Black Friday shopping list - what will you be buying if the price is right?

sad to see the american influence growing stronger every year. who will be your trump in the near future?

Good piece on R4 yesterday about how sellers gradually ramp up the price prior to BF. Then the modest price cut they do apply looks like a lot.

Good piece on R4 yesterday about how sellers gradually ramp up the price prior to BF. Then the modest price cut they do apply looks like a lot.

I listened to that interview myself and am applying the principle of wait and see to a few of the items on my shopping list as I believe Amazon and other retailers are holding back. The 3 camels website is especially handy for seeing whether Amazon has nudged prices up only to make a discount appear more generous than it otherwise is.

Nothing. I buy things I need in a planned fashion often years before actually buying.

We live in a strange society where buying un-needed things is the way the economy develops. This is unsustaniable, and why humans are doomed as a specie. But life and the planet will carry on, just like Mars, Jupiter and ...

We live in a strange society where buying un-needed things is the way the economy develops. This is unsustaniable, and why humans are doomed as a specie. But life and the planet will carry on, just like Mars, Jupiter and ...

That reminds me, I wonder if Amazon are doing any bargain recordings of Holsts Planets, to add to the 8 I already have.....

Nothing. I buy things I need in a planned fashion often years before actually buying.

"Consume vast Quantities!"

alien-baby-coneheads.jpg

I have purchased 500kg of Lard.
That may seem excessive, but it was an utter bargain.

I bought just these digital calipers for £9.99 delivered and this Huawei P10 Lite phone from Carphone Warehouse for £139.99 (plus £15 credit) delivered - maybe £89.99 (plus £15 credit) delivered, however, depending on whether £50 cashback pays out. It's not necessarily a mobile phone with a pedigree for high-quality audio, but a deal is a deal and Poweramp should make music sound pretty decent no matter what the phone's audio capabilities are.

EDIT: CPW - or O2, as the case may well be - declined my order for a pay-monthly Huawei P10 Lite. Oh well, I guess a phone reputedly good with audio playback is back on the list.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I bought just these digital calipers for £9.99 delivered ....

Now that's a good example. Were those things in front of my nose at such a price, I might impulsively order them. This despite the fact that the calipers I have, though plastic, are perfectly adequate to my occasional needs.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I just bought this Bosch Circular Saw, which is currently reduced to £78.99 delivered @ Amazon :)

yep, I seldom buy things for the sake of it, but I did buy these recently - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Intercept-Lace-Up-Outdoor-Trainer/dp/B001B0SIVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511166164&sr=8-1&keywords=merrell+intercept&th=1&psc=1

and I only paid 50 quid delivered..66.74 currently..

and as mentioned above - I may buy this if the discount is big enough... as its 145 currently...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Engine-B1-...erType=all_reviews&sortBy=recent&pageNumber=1 :)

Good to see a discount on a Sonos speaker... but for my needs, it's the wrong one - or 1, if you see what I mean. I'm after a Sonos Play1 or Bluesound Pulse Flex, but the best Black Friday price I've seen for the Play 1 is £167 delivered @ Superfi, a measly £13 less than the typical price, while the Bluesound hasn't budged at all. I'm still a bit undecided as to which one I'd prefer anyway (established reputation for smooth playback on the one hand versus better functionality in the other), so I guess whoever blinks first gets my money... as long as the price is right.

What the fock is "Black Friday"?

A day of light relief for the consumer/slave society?

advertisement

Back