advertisement

Wot no Harry & Meghan thread?

Who really cares , probably not many of the general public and I do not think they will be greatly missed .Charles pays most of their costs apart from security so looks like he will be stumping up some more cash !

A more recent vintage perhaps?

now that they’ve stepped outside the relative protection of the royal family, Dacre and Murdoch will set he dogs on them.
Just adds fuel to their argument and reinforces what we already know about the Mirror and other bullying tabloids. It’s like the Mirror is defending an integrity it never had. I hope it does a News of the World soon.

I heard about this yesterday. As a republican, the prospect of less coming out of the public purse in direct and indirect funding is great.

From a human perspective, I suspect that a sensible life split between here, Canada and the usual jet set haunts, will mean they start to slip away from our consciousness. But they do need to get on with becoming financially independent.

The continuing media obsession indicates that Britain is very far from becoming a post-class society. Which saddens me the most.

From a human perspective, I suspect that a sensible life split between here, Canada and the usual jet set haunts, will mean they start to slip away from our consciousness. But they do need to get on with becoming financially independent.

The continuing media obsession indicates that Britain is very far from becoming a post-class society. Which saddens me the most.

They’ll have no issue with financial independence, vacuous media chat, books etc will net countless $millions and MM could write her own pay cheque if she returned to acting. Celebrity of that grade never needs to ‘work’ as such.

I agree the UK mentality is the issue. The concept of royalty is just offensive, it stinks of oppression, plunder, murder and dictatorship to its core. I have absolutely nothing against Harry, Megan etc personally, he can’t help the charade he was born into and seems quite a decent person now he’s grown up a bit. It is the whole concept that needs addressing, it is absurd, archaic and fundamentally anti-democratic. I sincerely hope that the utterly repugnant behaviour of Andrew and the sensible retreat of Harry and Megan mark a good few steps towards obsolescence and the UK eventually becoming a full constitutional democracy with a proper bill of rights, fair electoral system etc.

Lady McGove laments Harry’s carefree laddish past- the nazi uniform party, the bollock naked game of pool in Vegas and sticking one on a photographer,

“The woke, somewhat humourless and very entitled Harry we see before us now is almost unrecognisable as the rumbustious fellow we knew and loved”.

...something tells me Sarah will continue to churn out highly lucrative copy for years off the back of Meghan Markle. She must turn over and look at Michael each morning and count her blessings.

They are probably wealthy enough to live out their natural in great comfort. I find it a little unsettling to read that they wish to be financially independent by setting up their own charitable foundation. I thought charities were meant to be for the benefit of the less fortunate.

Probably why she is in Canada where people are too well-educated to read UK gutter press.

In fairness they do have their own home grown gutter press and pap pack celeb publications to contend with.

I heard about this yesterday. As a republican, the prospect of less coming out of the public purse in direct and indirect funding is great.

I'm vaguely republican too, but I'm not sure it's as simple as that. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that news copy about the British Royals sells very well in the rest of Europe, particularly republican France and Italy.

Apart from Scandinavia, possibly, I'm not sure how much of Europe is truly a post-class society. If you don't have a conventional historic and entrenched aristocracy, some other class iteration will take its place.

advertisement

Back