advertisement

Wot no Harry & Meghan thread?

^we have some lovely B&Bs in U.K. Just without the bears n 'coons

Edit: RACOONS!!! Just in case the pitchforks come out.

Harry will be, at some point, the brother to the King. And in the same situation that Princess Margaret was - largely un-needed. Margaret was fairly free to live as she wished, albeit prevented from marrying as she wished - would not happen today. Harry will be in the same boat - there are now plenty of heirs and spares so him zoning out suits Charles' view that the firm should be a smaller unit.

Perhaps he could be a future Governor General in Canada, would be a pretty good outcome.

Mind you the tabloids and weekly mags are an utter disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves.

Harry will be, at some point, the brother to the King. And in the same situation that Princess Margaret was - largely un-needed. Margaret was fairly free to live as she wished, albeit prevented from marrying as she wished - would not happen today. Harry will be in the same boat - there are now plenty of heirs and spares so him zoning out suits Charles' view that the firm should be a smaller unit.

Perhaps he could be a future Governor General in Canada, would be a pretty good outcome.

Mind you the tabloids and weekly mags are an utter disgrace and should be ashamed of themselves.
When he met with them Charles reportedly did not oppose their decision but counselled them that they needed to withdraw with care.

Are they moving to Vulcan, Alberta? If I were them I would.

Joe

I don't really care that much and don't really pay much attention to stuff about the Royals so don't really understand the background however it struck me as one of two options:
1) The media intrusion from being a Royal in the UK was getting in the way of having a proper family life so they want out of it as much as possible - in which case I wish them well with that
2) The rules were dragging them back from really properly cashing in on being Royals and they want freedom to exploit their cash-generating options to the max.

It's possible it's a hybrid (i.e. we really want out of it but we'll need to cash in on the Royal bit to some extent in order to fund the lifestyle we're used to, once we've lost the salaries from being Royals) of course.

Maybe although I believe that as Meghan has lived there a fair bit previously is probably the main reason.

Didnt know that. Thought she was a thru n thru Septic - and of course they do not always hold the Canadians in high esteem.

Makes sense though. I wish them no ill, but am cynical about her motivations in first place.

Not following Instagram keeps me blissfully unaware of the world's affairs. ;-)

guest,

What’s a Septic? (I assume you’re not referring to a bacterial infection.)

Joe

Ouch!

Well, as long as her Maj loves us. (And she should bloody well love us. We’ve put her face on the flip side of coins — including the Trek coins — and the 20 clam note! We’ve even named streets and highways after her.)

star-trek-coins.jpg

Joe

There has been some horrible coverage of them both, barley concealed racism. I am not a royalist but Harry seems a decent chap, has gone through a lot regarding his mum etc.

Good luck to them

Brendan Rodgers was a manager sacked by Reading for being totally sh1te

And has a strange view that loyalty is a one-way process. Anyway, are you not as devastated by Megxit as the rest of the world?

guest,

What’s a Septic? (I assume you’re not referring to a bacterial infection.)

Joe

Beaten to it. It's jovial Cockney rhyming slang and i think was the East ends' response to being called 'Limeys' during WWII.

It's the second word that Ryhmes - eg septic tank

Or, Meghan has great threepennys etc...

advertisement

Back