advertisement

Wot no Harry & Meghan thread?

gassor

There may be more posts after this.
The biggest story in world history since Brendan Rodgers did the dirty on Celtic and no-one here is talking about it?

I am sure their brand will prosper. Hardly an impactful abdication though.

Possibly following same path as his mother. Turn away from the monarchy, unless it suits to use the title. Then follow a celeb-centric high life dream, hopefully without the tragic consequences.

I wonder if she will leave him now she has her way? She clearly did not get or like what she signed up for in becoming Royal.

should be good for OK, Hello and other such piffle paddle sales. $$$$$s

Sympathy please at least. The poor wee souls have had such a hard time for just doing the best they can.

Reactions: vuk
Well I will gently bite. She seems to have history of using people for own benefit. Something worth noticing is the first two letters of her name - ME.

Bet when Netflix films the next series of the crown Meghan's agent will have her CV in there liked greased lightning.

Alternative view.... and I'm far from a royalist, but when the British press and media are allowed to behave without any accountability they chew people up and spit them out arguing that the lies and shite they publish is in the public interest.... H & M have had more than their fair share of unwarranted nonsense published about them and I think they've had enough. That is, in part, what has driven their decision... best of luck to them!

Can't really blame them, I certainly wouldn't want the job.

If they nick off to Canada they should come off the civil list; at the moment most of the list goes on UK salaries which I'm fine with.

To be fair it is up to them really and it is the media that are making such a big deal of it. It was looking likely and they had consulted Prince Charles, confirmed by their the Queen's former secretary this morning. It's not up to the media or their immediate family really. They probably want greater freedom from the straightjacket of the schedules that are not their own and from the unfair criticisms they received. This also happened to Kate Middleton when she began her tenure.A section of the press are guttersnipes and tabloid mentality is less evident Stateside. I thought Piers Morgan's wheeling out of her father was vile and underhand and yet he tries to defend the tabloid press? What does he know of their relationships and why does he think he has the right to take sides based on so little evidence.So good luck to them. Non story really and modernising establishments is likely to lead to such decisions. It feels more real.

Alternative view.... and I'm far from a royalist, but when the British press and media are allowed to behave without any accountability they chew people up and spit them out arguing that the lies and shite they publish is in the public interest.... H & M have had more than their fair share of unwarranted nonsense published about them and I think they've had enough. That is, in part, what has driven their decision... best of luck to them!

Nail on head.

Funny too how this is getting more of a reaction from the royals, and the media, than the Prince Andrew scandal.

Can't really blame them, I certainly wouldn't want the job.

If they nick off to Canada they should come off the civil list; at the moment most of the list goes on UK salaries which I'm fine with.

Canadian is conveniently Commonwealth, so I presume that's a factor in their decision.

I'm no fan of the monarchy, but I can understand them doing what they've done given the repressive atmosphere of the family and the borderline racism that's been written in the mainstream media - and the explicit racism in social media.

This. Except it hasn't been that borderline even in the msm.

Definitely a different atmosphere in Canada; at first I thought they were strange and insincere but after a while realised they really do care for each other and that "have a nice day" isn't just a reflex.

Our B&B owner couldn't do enough to make the stay fun; home made food every day and regular checks that we were happy.

Very different to the continuous negativity in England.

advertisement

Back