advertisement

What are you listening to right now #8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lordsummit said:
Don't worry too much about who's playing, just buy cheap ones, if you like them you can develop taste

Thats a good idea and helpful :)

For the stuff I know I have just picked up the Penguin classical guide. Its a '98 edition but was 20 pence from my local library

derek trucks band

was: joyful noise
is: out of the madness
will be: soul serenade

he plays in open E tuning too, so it seems.

Was : Death in Vegas - Contino Sessions

Quite a while since I last listened to this. I still like it, but not as much as I did.

Is : Deaf Center - Neon City EP

I still play this a lot, and I still really like it. Must find out if they ever did anything else.

Was: - African Soukouss - Soukouss Immediat/Hommage A Abeti - Aurlus Mabele and a dozen peers gather to pay homage to the late "Queen of Soukous," Abeti Massikini. I'm liking this a lot.

Is: - Porcupine Tree - Deadwing - Gig on Friday :)

AlexG said:
Was : Death in Vegas - Contino Sessions

Quite a while since I last listened to this. I still like it, but not as much as I did.
Yeah, it's been a while since it has been on here too. Might play Dead Elvis next though.

rod said:
Was: - African Soukouss - Soukouss Immediat/Hommage A Abeti - Aurlus Mabele and a dozen peers gather to pay homage to the late "Queen of Soukous," Abeti Massikini. I'm liking this a lot.
Looks good, very good...

NP Missy Elliot on vinyl. Hard rocking, if you know what I mean.

Albert Ayler Live at Greenwich Village

Could almost be mistaken for Bartok, so good is this. 'Nuff said here, tho'.

Os Maracatu - Ritimos do Brasil Bossa with Balls. Great Jumpers, too.

6b_1_b.JPG

Jon Sholle - Catfish for Supper

A must-have for fans of, well, music. These cats (Sholle, Tony Rice, David Grisman, Rob Wasserman, Bela Fleck, David Bromberg, others) really swing!

Was: -

Thomas Mapfumo and the Blacks Unlimited - Corruption. Pretty good. Tackling the big issue in Zimbabwe in 1989. What's changed? It's become far worse, than could be imagined at the time!

Saadou Bori and Moussa Poussy - Naimey Twice. I guess the vinyl version has each artist with their own side. Saadou Bori is quite good, but Moussa Poussy has the FUNK. Good fun.

And now: -

Porcupine Tree - Signify

Rod - explain Porcupine Tree to me, as if I were a child. I've tried, but the guitar playing seems like everything I don't like about guitar playing, but I may be wrong.

-- Ian

sideshowbob said:
Rod - explain Porcupine Tree to me, as if I were a child. I've tried, but the guitar playing seems like everything I don't like about guitar playing, but I may be wrong.

-- Ian
Ha-ha! Ian, you ARE but a child. If it sounds wrong to you, no amount of "I quite like them" is going to convince you of anything. Stick on something that makes you happy, and forget all about Porcupine Tree. Life is too short to listen to stuff you don't like! ;-)

Was : Sun 0))) - Flight of the behemoth

Blimey. Not sure, tbh.

Is : Cerberus Shoal - Farewell to hightide

Only just started, quite like what I've heard so far.

sideshowbob said:

They were explained to me as a sort of 'modern day Pink Floyd' but I greatly fear that the Pink Floyd they're a modern version of is the Pink Floyd I most dislike.

AlexG said:
Was : Sun 0))) - Flight of the behemoth

Blimey. Not sure, tbh.

Is : Cerberus Shoal - Farewell to hightide

Only just started, quite like what I've heard so far.

The Cerberus Shoal cd just gets better as it progresses.

Sunn0))) is extreme, but soooo good. Catch them live if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back