advertisement

What are you listening to right now #8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
joel said:
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

Damn, that is such a good album. I occasionally think of getting some Thin Lizzy, for old times sake.

Was: Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
Is: Lou Reed - Magic and Loss

(because I am feeling poorly and feeble and need something quiet)

Cerberus Shoal seem to change slightly with each release. I haven't bought any for a couple of years (The last being Mr. Boy Dog) and they have mutated into something more experimental which sound like no-one else I can think of. All really, really good though.

There's lots of info and music samples on their site.

Joe Hutch said:
They were explained to me as a sort of 'modern day Pink Floyd' but I greatly fear that the Pink Floyd they're a modern version of is the Pink Floyd I most dislike.
Nah, bollocks! Not the last couple of albums anyway. Mind you, they're not overly popular here. Still, means I don't have to queue for hours to get a ticket for tomorrow night ;-)

rod said:
What are they like? Any good?
Mellow, moody. Sorta Cowboy Junkies-ish, with a tiny bit of Sarah McLachlan thrown in, to my ears anyway. Maybe similar to bands like Innocence Mission and The Sundays as well.

I like them a lot. Of all the bands I mentioned above, OTR are my fave by a wide margin. Generous downloads and samples available at their
website. "All I Need Is Everything" is a nice representative example (it's in the "MP3 Attic" in its entirety).

Doesn't hurt that Karin Bergquist is a babe. Nope, it surely does not.

Hey! That's some excellent music there, Karin has a beautiful voice as well. Thanks for the tip.

Hampton Hawes --- All Night Sessions( 2 and 3..LP) . West Coast and wondrous.

Warne Marsh --- Jazz from the East Village (Wave ..LP). The genius at work.

Sons Of Otis - Templeball

Quote: -

It is an aural record of the ongoings in deep space, encoded with bizarre echoes, phase sweeps and eddies of nebulaic spinners which at best can be compared to a collision between Hendrix' Electric Ladyland and early Monster Magnet.

Epic!

John C said:
Warne Marsh --- Jazz from the East Village (Wave ..LP). The genius at work.

I need some Warne Marsh records with him as leader, any specific recommendations?

-- Ian

Was was Eels - Sixteen Tons - Short CD from the Eels Website of a radio show from 03. Small-scale band playing simply, and playing very engagingly. Top version of My Beloved Monster.

Was then Gary Wright - Extraction - excellent Repertoire re-issue. Music's worn very well too

And just now BOC - The Campfire Headphase - to wind down for beddy-byes.

Have you joined phi beta kappa and ordered a keg for the party this weekend Alex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back