Mother and Child Divided
Buying New Soul
So Called Friend
Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
The Start Of Something Beautiful
Halo

Radioactive Toy
Trains

A radically different set from the start of the tour, with some interesting additions. Loved support Robert Fripp's guitar / sequencer soundscapes. Probably more suited to a late night session, but he got a great send off, which he appeared to be surprised about!

Alicia Keys - the Diary of F*ck, this is spectacular(ly good). Listened straight through all four sides. Excellent stuff, a lot of which I never heard before.

Was: Sonny Boy Williamson- His Best (Chess 50th Anniversary)
Is: Ultramagnetic MC's- Critical Beatdown
Will Be: #1 Duke vs #2 Texas, then Washington vs. New Mexico

The Cure - Disintegration. Absolutely mint 1st issue from 1989 which I picked up on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. All praise the Ebay gods. May they continue to look after me.....

Woof!

FWIW Brandon Roy (local kid from Garfield High School) is looking to bounce back after a horrible performance vs Gonzaga. Keep an eye on him. Also check out freshman Jon Brockman (from nearby Snohomish). :)

Brian Eno, Music for Airports. I haven't listened to any Eno for ages, although I seem to have acquired a lot of his records over the years. This always used to be my favourite of his ambient records.

-- Ian

Fripp & Eno, Evening Star. To follow, No Pussyfooting or Plateaux of Mirror, then I'll probably finish off with Taking Tiger Mountain or Here Come The Warm Jets, and then I almost certainly won't feel the need to listen to any more Eno for another 5 years or so.

Evening Star is really good, too.

-- Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back