advertisement

What are you listening to right now #8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest Alex buys a white (U of South Carolina) 'Cocks Co-Ed Naked Lacross baseball cap, wear it backwards, and play the role (of tappa kegga brew Blink 182 fan).

Kevin Coyne with John Langford and The Pine Valley Cosmonauts
- One Day in Chicago - have been a long time fan and had not realised that he was making an album just before his death. This is rather wonderful - reminds me of Dynamite Daze .

ErikL said:
I suggest Alex buys a white (U of South Carolina) 'Cocks Co-Ed Naked Lacross baseball cap, wear it backwards, and play the role (of tappa kegga brew Blink 182 fan).
Tallies with the image already in my mind.

*joins Erik in liberal interleckshual student clique and peers dismissively over ironically geeky spectacles while sipping from a glass of chilled NZ Sauvignon Blanc*

Apparently my perceptions of frat fashion don't match today's trends.

"The University of South Carolina has only 16,000 students, but fratty undergrads nationwide wore USC's school hat with pride in the mid-to-late '90s. Because it said Cocks on it. Get it? No other hat made the wearer look so instantly like a rakish asshole."

Was (after Weezer) : The Cloud Room - eponymous

Notable because it's the first CD I've bought after subscribing to the 'Pandora' service that popped up on here a couple of weeks ago. My starting point was 'New Order' and this was about the 12th track after I started. A keeper, for now.

*Watches in horror as Alex gets off with the cute little Eng Lit major I've been trying to impress for 4 hours with my knowledge of Dickens, fashionable politics and ironic appreciation of the latest jen/brad/vince sleb gossip*

./cry NoJustice

now playing: Joan Armatrading - Eponymous

sorry to break the party mood, dudes. please, do get back to doing the 'gator.

glenda said:

Kevin Coyne with John Langford and The Pine Valley Cosmonauts
- One Day in Chicago - have been a long time fan and had not realised that he was making an album just before his death. This is rather wonderful - reminds me of Dynamite Daze .

Didn't know about this, good news. Is that *the* Jon Langford (The Mekons/The Three Johns)? Great idea for a collaboration if it is.

-- Ian

The Nightingales, In The Good Old Country Way. Recently reissued, so now all three Nightingales LPs are available, for the first time in 20 years or more. Not as essential as Pigs on Purpose or Hysterics, a bit less consistent, but one of the finest West Midlands country-punk records I can think of. The CD reissue has lots of extras, including the splendid EP version of "It's A Cracker". One of the best groups ever, so there.

-- Ian

Kevin Coyne - yes , it's the John Langford . There are 4 bonus live tracks as well - which are a real hoot .There's a review on the KC website extracted from Mojo , I think.
Well worth a listen or two , Ian

Glenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back