advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stocked up for a messy one. Daughter is popping over for a proper session. We have 4 bottles of fizz lined up and chilled - Fifitini's the order of the day.
I have made sure I have had a cooked breakfast to line my stomach.

Wife is cooking chicken tacos later, loads of sour cream, avocado and coriander.

and there she is at the door :)

Stocked up for a messy one. Daughter is popping over for a proper session. We have 4 bottles of fizz lined up and chilled - Fifitini's the order of the day.
I have made sure I have had a cooked breakfast to line my stomach.

Wife is cooking chicken tacos later, loads of sour cream, avocado and coriander.

and there she is at the door :)

Exceedingly jealous. It’d be lovely to be able to meet up with friends or family.

Yes a lot of folks are saying that ...coming up 9 months since mum in law seen her hubby ....lots of articles in press about families taking out relatives from nursing homes because no one allowed in which is dire really

Changed my avatar today. This skateboarding one is me doing a layback grind on a ramp in Nottingham, probably 1994 when I was writing for a skateboard magazine.

Also we have had a new heating element/pump in the dishwasher, it took the bloke 20 minutes to do the job, very impressive.

I presented a granddaughter (10 yr old) with a bmx stunt scooter, which her mother will ride as well :)

Curry for dinner, having another go at lentil dahl, last one we made was yums.

Kill Bill II tonight on dvd, we watched Kill Bill yesterday, we have seen it several times, but not for a while.

Fifitini's again to use up the spare passion fruit... as if we need an excuse.

Also we have had a new heating element/pump in the dishwasher, it took the bloke 20 minutes to do the job, very impressive.

thats how long it took the Miele man to fit a washing machine door seal. Leaked before, after leak solved but screeching noise.

Miele man2 came yesterday and it turns out MM1 didn't fit it properly, didnt test it properly, didn't do the safety check. Also booked the job to 45 mins when he was here 20.... MM2 left a nice purring and quiet washing machine

Kill Bill II tonight on dvd, we watched Kill Bill yesterday, we have seen it several times, but not for a while.

We are not doing this tonight. The dvd wasn't in the case. I blame the kids.

So wifey is watching the baking programme, and I have ordered a load of records and a new usb microscope to look and photograph my stylus. (I have a new one to photograph to compare to the one I am using)

Tried to help a fellow forumite struggling with the loss of TuneIn by making some PiCoreplayer images, preloading them with LMS and various plugins and posting them off to him with a Pi. It will either go swimmingly first time or mean a lot of work by pm. I’m up for it either way, my total lockdown still has four and a half days to run.

Piano prep update - 17/21 for 1st Grade 8 scales mock test with my teacher - well happy with that, as I thought I made quite a few errors. My teacher is a scales taskmistress as well(as well as an ABRSM assessor/examiner).

Prep for the three pieces goes on. 2 out of 3 are very close, now. A March(or June)2021 exam looks likely.

I put up four cameras and two floodlights today. I also found time to put another coat of Danish oil on my Lenco :)

We went for a very long walk today. It was even longer because a) one of the footpaths we were meant to follow was flooded so we had to go a longer way around and b) we got lost in some woods. The latter is a traditional part of every walk we do. Once trees are in the picture, we lose all sense of direction and wander around like idiots.

We walked along the side of a quarry which might be the one in the final scene of 'Radio On', though I guess one quarry looks much like another.

booked a table in our local for Friday aftet work.

booked a table in a gastro pub for drinks on Saturday, immediately followed by booking a table for dinner in the same pub....unfortunately the booking system doesn't align well; drinks booking is 1730 for 1.5 hours, dinner booking is at 1915 for 2 hours.....I wonder if they'll kick us out on the street for 15 mins

In lockdown again. Aching all over after preparing groundworks in the pouring rain yesterday for a carport. The chap who supplies my aggregates is inspirational. Late 70’s, works every hour (doesn’t need to) and fit as a fiddle. He delivered 7 loads of slate waste in his tipping truck, an hour round trip for each load and I couldn’t keep up with him! Reckon he’s delivered 1,000 tons of ‘stuff’ here over the years, it’s ridiculous!

Just about managed to decorate the community centre kitchen....in between the multiple events. 2 years ago I had to do the toilets over Christmas it's that busy !!

But now thinking of getting a scaffold tower to do the rest of the place if I can fit it round the various events. Good to see a place well used and listen to children playing etc but bit of pitb with health and safety

In lockdown again. Aching all over after preparing groundworks in the pouring rain yesterday for a carport. The chap who supplies my aggregates is inspirational. Late 70’s, works every hour (doesn’t need to) and fit as a fiddle. He delivered 7 loads of slate waste in his tipping truck, an hour round trip for each load and I couldn’t keep up with him! Reckon he’s delivered 1,000 tons of ‘stuff’ here over the years, it’s ridiculous!

looks fab ponty...

looks fab ponty...

Thanks. I’m hoping to get it done before the worst of the winter, but things take a while here. There is the most brilliant metal fabricator down the road who’s making some galvanised plates for the posts. Gave him the specs 2 weeks ago, he said it would be a couple of weeks. Called yesterday for an update and guess what, it’ll be a couple of weeks!

Typical day.

Walked into a doorframe (again) really hurt.

Cut myself trying to open a package.

Called a middle-aged woman an arzhole, loudly in a charity shop. She had pushed past me twice, third time I wasn't charming.

Spent 10 minutes trying to find red split lentils in Sainsbury's. Shop assistant then spent another 5 minutes trying to find them. (bottom shelf, on a different aisle to similar items...)

Then at the checkout, the shop assistant decides to engage the person before me in a long conversation, rather than fluffing get on with it.

The good news is it chippy tea tonight. Straight forward cod and chips, and I will heat a tin of mushy peas (not paying chip shop rates for mushy peas)

Might have another load of FiFitini's. It is coming up to the anniversary of my life-changing accident, plus I have recently had the anniversary of the previous life-changing event (the one before the last one... I sheet you not o_O )

As if I need an excuse to get loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back