advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took some records/stock priced up to the Headway charity shop I stock.

There was an old man (probably about my age!) flicking through the records in the shop, who engaged me in conversation.
After 2 minutes I wanted to punch the twonk in the chops. He was moaning about the price of the records in the shop, then started having a pop at me for making the prices more than a quid... I pointed out that all the records are in great condition and there is no Jim Reeves/Max Bygraves or Harry bloody Secombe... he then started digging at me, at which point I made the (unusual) wise decision to leave the shop. Another time and it would have gotten messy as my brain injury allows me the super-power of words coming out of my mouth of their own accord.

On the upside, I have a hospital appointment this afternoon about my achey testicles, so not all bad.

;)

Oiy!

I worked with 'Harry bloody Secombe' .... He was a very nice guy and couldn't understand at all why he was popular doing those Cod semi religious programmes on TV.

PS : My mum had a collection of Lena Martell LPs. I've finished the therapy and think I'm sane.

Oiy!

I worked with 'Harry bloody Secombe' .... He was a very nice guy and couldn't understand at all why he was popular doing those Cod semi religious programmes on TV.

PS : My mum had a collection of Lena Martell LPs. I've finished the therapy and think I'm sane.

In terms of trying to sell donated records, Secombe records turn up frequently and nobody wants them, therefore > straight in the bin.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply he was disliked.

I liked him when I was young, The Goons and Oliver! being highlights.

in the local, remembering Louise’s mum who died a year ago.

her older sister refused to join us as she is going to a séance. Younger sister has a new born to deal with and is in Cornwall.

on my 10th pint

Take it easy man, though probably too late for this advice. Families can be bizarre.

Tomorrow I will be renewing the pots on my no.2 TD125’s speed control board prior to putting it up for sale.
Finished - a day late, had to wait for a Farnell delivery. Installation and testing tomorrow, then measuring up for a nice new hardwood plinth.

50409072866_5211b0b5c5.jpg

Also today I ordered an NOS 80’s Kenwood Chef with dough hook and mincer/grinder attachment in anticipation of adding salt crystal topped brioche buns and Toulouse sausages to the range of Uncle Marchbanks’ Fine Artisan Products.

Finished - a day late, had to wait for a Farnell delivery. Installation and testing tomorrow, then measuring up for a nice new hardwood plinth.

Also today I ordered an NOS 80’s Kenwood Chef with dough hook and mincer/grinder attachment in anticipation of adding salt crystal topped brioche buns and Toulouse sausages to the range of Uncle Marchbanks’ Fine Artisan Products.

I honestly thought that was a Bagatelle.

went spoons with next door. met tesco dave who since no bar service is buying 4 pints at a time.... when we left he was on his 3rd round....

went spoons with next door. met tesco dave who since no bar service is buying 4 pints at a time.... when we left he was on his 3rd round....
Is that 2 pints of water per 2 pints of beer? Come on man, I really need to know this shit

Being of an exceptionally prescient nature.. I began socially distancing at the first hint of this accursed virus. The last 'event' I went to was the Bristol Show. Apart from my own home.. the only places I have been 'indoors' since, were.. a local independent internal decorating supplier, a local shop...twice, local pharmacy.. monthly for my prescription, local B&Q twice and local hospital overnight last night by ambulance for investigation of an irregular and very low heartbeat.. which thankfuly resolved without too much drama.. for now.

The hospital was by far the scariest.... not so much for my condition.. 'bigeminy'/'quadrigeminy'/'brachycardia' ... but the fact that although all staff and patients were wearing masks AND socially distanced... I couldn't escape the idea that any one of those patients or staff could potentially be infected and currently asymptomatic.

Quoting myself again.... First sign of madness I think...

The above led to a 24 hour Cardio recording thingy.. Again... No results yet.

Doc also ordered a 'full work up' of Bloods. All came back OK.

Add in the crippling back pain which is still with me and it's all a bit of a PITA at the moment.

And finally, I have all the energy of a flat cheap non-re-charcheable... I have heart failure.. Maybe it's slid a bit futher down... maybe I'm just being a Wuss.

It's being so cheerfull as keeps me going... :)

Uncle Marchbanks FAP?

one thing about lockdown is we have to have services on Zoom still as can`t accommodate the numbers physically. one amazing thing is we have a downs syndrome man and his enthusiasm and contribution is intelligent and talented and just goes to show what a contribution these guys can make . occassionally he gets a bit of of hand but its really wonderful to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back