advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wife is driving to a big old Windmill/museum for a meeting. Nice day for it.

The last Top Gear episode was funny as they had a souped up Yaris on it, which they kept referring to as a ‘Granny’ car. (The Wife has a Yaris) We will not be getting the hot-hatch version.

Going to try and make a tasty celery soup. The Wife made a face and rolled her eyes when I disclosed my souper plan, but I like celery. All it needs is blue cheese in it. Maybe. And a potato.

Wearing yet another corduroy shirt (light green) I think I have ten of them, but want an orange one still.

Daughter has loaned me a Chemical Brothers album, this means she wants it cleaning and the records put into poly/paper inners.
Headway charity shop opens next week (again) so I have to make a new sign to advertise the records we sell, out of a record. Going to spray it a bright colour. Last sign was bright pink, so bright yellow maybe?

Despite being on a constant diet :))) I really want a bacon sandwich. Resistance is weak. Bacon.

Sprayed one side of an old Red Seal opera record, looks vaguely fluorescent green, the house stinks now. (couldn’t do it outside as it is too windy)
Luckily The Wife is out otherwise I would be in the bad books, there is still time...

offering people jobs.......

made carrot, lentil and double coriander soup for lunch. Made a dent in the carrot mountain.

Feeling a bit emotional.

Signed the disposition for the sale of my late mother's house today. Due to Covid restrictions siging was done in the car park of the solicitors office!

It's a load off our minds, we had thought of letting the property if it didn't sell before too long, double rate council tax on an empty property is a bit of a drain. Didn't fancy being a landlord, especially with a house that had over thirty years of family history. Mum and dad built it as their retirement home, the living room was designed round dad's hifi. The hearth was extended to take the Isobariks either side of the fire and the telly. A concrete plinth was put in for the equipment to sit on at the other side of the room with ducts for the speaker cables under the floor.

took out sink unit and assisted gas engineer as he works on new central heating system

replaced to door seal in a UPVC door , now good as new

Went for a walk and saw this on an isolated public footpath. Blimey. That occupied my thoughts for the next mile or so.

51100042455_2902f99a7d_c.jpg

Veg curry morning. There are many fine reasons for living in South Warwickshire, and the proximity of the Fox’s shop is one of the best!

51103761565_246708378f_z.jpg

Golf lesson this morning. Off to convert the wise wisdom on the course this afternoon.

Then piano practice continues this evening.

Fox’s shop

so long as you know how long their bulk packs have been open for, and you steadily get through your supplies. They go stale quickly (although not as quick as ready ground).

Today - have a health and safety meeting for the robot house, offered a few more people jobs. Took the mrs to the hosp for her Glaucoma checkup, and now back here for meeting with an architect.

so long as you know how long their bulk packs have been open for, and you steadily get through your supplies. They go stale quickly (although not as quick as ready ground).

Today - have a health and safety meeting for the robot house, offered a few more people jobs. Took the mrs to the hosp for her Glaucoma checkup, and now back here for meeting with an architect.

a robot house , that sounds exciting

recovering after managing to complete a capital gains form with the help of a nice accountant
slightly taken back as i think the grotty shed roof made with corrugated stuff needs replacing .... wonder how much that will cost . its a massive shed so i wont be doing it !!

Attempted to halt my German Shepherd who was on a long lead and took off after another dog. Result is a broken collar bone (mine). The dog is fine.

Attempted to halt my German Shepherd who was on a long lead and took off after another dog. Result is a broken collar bone (mine). The dog is fine.
Sounds bad and can’t beat it, though I did go to the thread just now to report that while tidying up in the garage today, on stepping around the workmate I stood on an upturned rusty nail in a piece of wood. Not actually working I didn’t have my boots on. It went through the sole of my shoe and into my foot. Not much pain at the time but it’s giving me a bit of grief right now.

62 and still learning lessons... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back