advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a wee-wee once after chopping a load of chilli. That was also an eye opener. But not the eye your talking about. :eek:
That is indeed no fun. Wash your hands before going to the toilet has been my mantra ever since it happened to me.

Last edited:
Just back from the flu jab at local village hall, first stranger I’ve spoken to since March, not much different to pre COVID days if I think about it :)

Quarterly Bloods tested
Drove 18 miles to the clinic at 8:40 I was the first patient and no other patients arrived so seen immediately
Bloods drawn, drove home
Follow up appointment on Tuesday by video link
Longest/Furthest I've been out since last bloods.
Car still most of the fuel in it. Last filled in May? April? Good to drive it I guess.
Lease hire low mileage bonus, I expect.

Ordered groceries from two different deliveries, they don't all have the stuff I like.

Assuming this goes on for a while, when you refuel only stick what you imagine you’ll use in the next few months in the tank. It does go off, and can cause problems.

RAC wording:

How long can I keep fuel for?
Probably not as long as you think. Once you’ve put fuel in a container you only have a few months before the quality starts to fall away – even less if the fuel is contaminated in any way.

Generally speaking, petrol has a shelf-life of six months if stored in a sealed container at 20 degrees – or just three months if kept at 30 degrees. The more it's exposed to heat, the more quickly it will go off.

If the container isn’t tightly sealed, you’ll be able to keep it for even less time and there’s increased fire risk due to flammable vapours escaping

As for diesel, it can remain usable for between six and 12 months before becoming ‘gummy’ which, if used, can clog up filters and cause you issues with your engine.”

Kicking myself for filling up with diesel back in March. Car has only moved twice since and done less than 100 miles.

Early field walk/hobble.

Mashed avocado pears and poached eggs on toast. Yums.

I have to deal with the huge rat that got caught in the rat trap (Billy...) - wife jolly pleased, earned me 10 points minimum.

Watching MotoGp with Wifey. (she dislikes Marquez as well :))

Ordered more Cutty Ranks albums.

Discovered that my wellington boots have split in several places (weird fish rubber wellies) and that my favourite walking boots - Raichle MT. Escape Goretex are falling to bits. Gonna glue them as there is life in the old dogs yet.

Just back from the flu jab at local village hall, first stranger I’ve spoken to since March, not much different to pre COVID days if I think about it :)

I had my flu jab last Saturday, followed by a pneumonia jab (I didn't know there was such a thing) on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for Bill Gates to finish designing his microchip tracking device so I can get the COVID jab.

I had my flu jab last Saturday, followed by a pneumonia jab (I didn't know there was such a thing) on Friday. Now I'm just waiting for Bill Gates to finish designing his microchip tracking device so I can get the COVID jab.
He’s waiting for his Huawei delivery to hit Seattle then it’s all hands on deck rolling it out, 5G hotspot areas first obviously to speed up capturing the volume of tracked data.

I wasn’t aware there was a pneumonia jab either, nearly did me in as a kid in the ‘70s, thankfully I don’t remember much about it.

Reebok step being delivered tomorrow. Just need a 1x2metre rubber mat for the garage, and then we are set should our gym end up being closed.

Better not prevent golf - you can socially distance much easier on a golf course with booked tee times than in a public park, path or bridleway imv.

Got some of those rubber ramps today , only 20 quid and weigh a lot . Reason being the nipper does not have a dropped kerb and he is stressing as his new car scraping the bumper underneath. Ramps are the only answer as I doubt the landlord will pay for dropped kerb

Split this lot yesterday and today. Only trouble is, it’s about 5% of the pile I’ve got to get through! Still, it’s good exercise.

Been doing quite a bit of that myself; although the logs I've got are birch and apple

I've been scavenging in the woods at the back of our garden too; quite a few oak trees were pruned by the local council around 18 months ago; I've found some massive branches that I've carried or dragged into the garden and started to cut them up today, all by hand saw. I'm knackered, but it's good cardio (that's Spanish for ice cream I think) ;)

Been doing quite a bit of that myself; although the logs I've got are birch and apple

I've been scavenging in the woods at the back of our garden too; quite a few oak trees were pruned by the local council around 18 months ago; I've found some massive branches that I've carried or dragged into the garden and started to cut them up today, all by hand saw. I'm knackered, but it's good cardio (that's Spanish for ice cream I think) ;)

Oak cut by hand saw, fair play to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back