advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
very busy making the most of this fabulous weather , out painting exterior doors on a house of multiple occuptaion [ charity]
You do some good work in the community matey. Wish I did, though I do take the mother in law s shopping to her in these troubled times.
Which is a little bit more than her drug taking son does, even if he is 15 years younger than me. Sorry to gripe.

Are you sure those branches weren't meant to be left there for the wild life benefits! It is often policy to do that in these enlightened days.

No; dumped by the council as they told me they've only just got the budget for the pruning of necessary trees (and they lopped some long overhanging Sycamore branches for me too), but otherwise aren't able to get rid of them and said they're a free for all if I or neighbours wanted them.

The woods behind us are huge and many trees drop all year round; so a few bits of oak aren't going to be missed...

But thanks for enquiring o_O

Got lost coming down great gable once, then twisted me knee and had to slide down the rubble to reach Wasdale Inn ?.

I came the wrong way down Great Gable with a girlfriend who is no longer. Around 1994.

It was a foul day, and the normally tough, experienced hiker partner shed tears most of the way down the decent. It was like a heavy rock scree scramble. I enjoyed it, but it was hairy in places o_O and we got away without broken wrists or ankles, so all good.

(we were camping at Wasdale Head campsite, short walk from the Wasdale Head Inn)

Hospital appointment today (again)

Already spent an hour on amazon chat with customer service. The second time in 4 days. Hopefully they have sorted the issue this time.

Daughter has a ‘bad cold.’ Hopefully that is what it is. We have no intention of mixing in her company, but will provide the milk she requested.

Wife was roasting a joint of lamb earlier. She has plans to batch cook something. Strange the smell of roast lamb and rosemary permeating the house in the morning.

Checked the LP12 was still working, this morning. Forgot how nice it sounds. Checked it just in case anything mechanical awry so I could get it sorted.

Now off to play golf. Much safe than walking around a park, for a social distancing perspective. Some of my group spend a lot of their time under trees...:D

Self-isolating until next Friday.... provides a valid excuse to play lots of music and peruse the internet in search of a potential upgrade ;)

work.....trying to procure 20 webcams and headsets.....

pried open the old tablet to replace the battery and USB port. my wife jettisoned it in favour of a new one. I think i will use it in the kitchen for recipes and as a music controller....

Going to have a C.T. scan. It is progress I suppose. Had fbc and u&e ‘s taken.

Bought a large bag of frozen cockles.

Mug of tea.

You do some good work in the community matey. Wish I did, though I do take the mother in law s shopping to her in these troubled times.
Which is a little bit more than her drug taking son does, even if he is 15 years younger than me. Sorry to gripe.

thanks zeon , its great fun really . this place is in an incredibly diverse area and amazing amounts of different cultures which is fascinating

tragic to hear re the drug taking son , its a tragedy and can hit ANY of us

Failing to fit in an MRI scanner :D

A bit too wide shouldered for it!!! :rolleyes: :D

Now have to wait for knows how many months to be referred to a different one that's probably used for horses or cattle haha

Went for another long walk in the country and had our first pub drink (outside) since lockdown began. Encountered some scary-looking cattle at one field gate but fortunately they moved aside as we approached.

Self-isolating until next Friday.... provides a valid excuse to play lots of music and peruse the internet in search of a potential upgrade ;)

Enjoy it - I finished mine last weekend and I’m really missing the excuse not to stay at home. Although I admit my guilty secret - I did break quarantine once at midnight in order to post a small package (carefully disinfected) in the village post-box, 400 metres away. I was away from home for just under six minutes, and had my cape wrapped around my face to avoid infection and recognition, just like this...

latest

...of course the package didn’t fit through the slot - that’ll teach me.

What a wuss :D compared to some of the stuff I am hearing about our GAA (Gaelic football) teams. It seems party city when they play a game. Mad stories about huge packed celebrations in barns and then the next day heading off to a different county that has wet pubs to continue the party. Multiple cases sprouting up from this crap that looks like it is going to bring us back to full lock down.

Wish we just had mad hatters like you slipping out to party at a post box at midnight.

Enjoy it - I finished mine last weekend and I’m really missing the excuse not to stay at home. Although I admit my guilty secret - I did break quarantine once at midnight in order to post a small package (carefully disinfected) in the village post-box, 400 metres away. I was away from home for just under six minutes, and had my cape wrapped around my face to avoid infection and recognition, just like this...

latest

...of course the package didn’t fit through the slot - that’ll teach me.

Wish we just had mad hatters like you slipping out to party at a post box at midnight.
I did consider taking a little wine with me (after all, six minutes is quite a while), but then I thought that anyone seeing a figure walking down the street with glass in hand would think ‘Oh look, that must be Marchbanks. Hang on, isn’t he in quarantine?’ And anyway, cape in one hand, letter for posting in another, glass in the... er... oh.

I've spent much of the last week or so trying to source..

1. New very expensive lenses for my best pair of specs. This seems to be progressing OK... as it should for something north of £350.

2. Single mid priced tyre to match the other I had fitted on my car just before lockdown. It finally arrived this a.m. Now just need to find a fitter who isn't a complete tosser and refuses to fit anything he hasn't sourced.

3. Results of 24 hour cardio monitoring on 16th Sept. This was fun. After a 'wobble' and brief hospitalisation, I was told I'd get referred to Cardio. I did the 24 hour monitor thing and returned the kit next morning. 1 week later the pre-arranged 'Phone consult' with a Cardiologist took place. He asked why I'd been referred back. I explained about the hospitalisation. very low heart rate, lots of ectopics etc. He knew nothing of this. He had the wrong date for my heart attack in '96, but a reasonable grasp of my condition now. He suggested a 24 hour Cardio etc.. I informed him I'd had that last week. He told me he'd chase up the results. I mentioned I was a bit 'congested'.nothing to interfere with activity.but.. He suggested drinking more fluids and asked whether I thought I might have had a mild Covid infection.. I informed him I'd had no fever or cough.

A couple of weeks on.. called the hospital to try to get results of monitor. After being transferred several times over a period of about 90 minutes... most of it spent on hold.. it transpired that since the 24 hour monitor was ordered by an A&E Consultant, who never even saw me.. the results will have been sent back to he/she. So now there's another hunt in progress...

I'm just going with the working hypothesis that either 1. If there was anything worrying I'd have been told.. or 2. If there was anything really worrying and I wasn't told.. I'd be pushing up Daisies by now.

I had a Weatherspoon's Breakfast in the William Peveril, in Bulwell, Nottm. I remember that place when it was a cinema.. having previously been a theatre I think, then it was a Coop Supermarket. After I left Nottm I think it was a Wilkos or summat before becoming the William Peveril. So, I can't fault Wethies on the recycling front.
But, the breakfast comprised..as I recall, 1 bacon, 1 egg, toast and beans. It was artfully presented with a plastic tub of butter semi submerged in the beans.
I don't expect too much for Wethies prices.. but that breakfast was crap.
Next, I tried Wethies 'Eggs Benedict'. Bloody awful and gave me a massive case of seriously painful indigestion.

I decided to give up on Wthies food, until one morning meeting with friends.. as I do in Wethies when I visit Nottm, I decided to try Toast and Jam, followed by Yoghurt with fresh fruit. It was excellent and became my regular Wethies Brekkie.

I have however sworn never to go into Wethies again after the owner's behaviour around both Brexit and Covid.

I will shortly be skinning a few Crimson Crush Tomatoes, wot I grew. By far the best flavoured Toms I've ever grown. These will get cooked down slowly with a pinch of salt and plenty of pepper. I shall have them on one half of a large slice of fried bread. The bread will be fried in the fat from a couple of rashers of bacon. The bacon will be enhanced by the addition of a couple of sliced, fried mushrooms. The other half of the fried bread will be garnished with two fried eggs.
Nice.... and of course not a daily occurrence.. cholesterol and all that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back