advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

The Tory and Labour establishment is way out of touch with their electorate.

Staremore is paralised because of a bitter irony: He was/is happy to exploit Corbyn being trashed with accusations of being 'anti semitic'. But is terrified that the Daily Maul would trot out the same trope about him. Triangulation again. His focus is on trying to win the next election, not on who may get killed.

Seems a harsh way to treat Holocaust survivors and their children - making them stateless. Of course use of the word 'dismantling' sounds nicer than annihilation for the same end goal.
The State of Israel does not provide refuge for Holocaust survivors and their children. It is founded on the oppression and violent displacement of an entire people. It is the most dangerous place in the world for Jews to live. As long as the current situation persists, a peaceful solution can never be implemented.

It was not the Palestinian people who undertook the Holocaust. They should not have to pay the price through displacement, occupation, terror and oppression for the actions of Judeo-Christian Europe.

White South Africans were neither made stateless or ‘annihilated,’ you introduced that word. The Apartheid state was dismantled and the racist, settler-colonial class and their descendants, although expropriated, are free to continue living in a majority ruled South Africa.

Here's something I found interesting; China's stance on the conflict. [I'm putting up a couple of utube vids but don't know how Tony feels about the CGTN Europe channel, so quite happy to take them down if deemed inappropriate.]

China rebuts Israel's account:

China calls for immediate ceasefire:

John

Holy war in a Russian Orthodox style...

Putin's former brain (he certainly doesn't hold that position now) Alexander Dugin offers his prediction:

"Let us try to describe one of the possible scenarios of further escalation in the Middle East."

And, as you might expect, it ends up in a massive war...

"Seeing Israel carrying out a full-blown genocide in the Gaza Strip, the Palestinians launch an all-out revolt. ... There is a rapid mobilization of the entire Islamic world. ... The US uses tactical nuclear weapons against Iran. Russia launches a tactical nuclear strike against Ukraine, which seeks to cling to the West at any cost and provokes Moscow in every possible way to do so. World War III erupts with the use of tactical nuclear weapons. Russia finally makes up its mind and sides with the Muslims. China quietly attacks Taiwan, distracting the U.S. and NATO to a new target."

[I'm putting up a couple of utube vids but don't know how Tony feels about the CGTN Europe channel, so quite happy to take them down if deemed inappropriate.]

In the context posted it is interesting to get a Chinese state perspective on what is increasingly becoming a global conflict. I have no issue in this case, but I certainly don’t want to open the door to far-right or Islamist bullshit etc.

In the context posted it is interesting to get a Chinese state perspective on what is increasingly becoming a global conflict. I have no issue in this case, but I certainly don’t want to open the door to far-right or Islamist bullshit etc.

CGTN is state-backed, so should require no different a position to that on hosting an RT video.

No it doesn’t. Even your own links suggest otherwise. 55,000 permits granted to Palestinians out of a total working population of 6.9 million is not ‘leaning heavily on cheap Palestinian labour’. Israel has circa 100 NASDAQ listed companies for example…

The question was about “cheap labour”, not the number of permits. It is undeniable that there is a lot of inequality in Isreal, one reason is education in that certain far right religious groups do not believe in the teaching of science or foreign languages, but the second most disadvantaged group is Palestinians at 57%

CGTN is state-backed, so should require no different a position to that on hosting an RT video.

Personally, I would have no objection to seeing RT videos here. I doubt that I would agree with most (or any) of them but I do think it's important not to completely shut off from what "the other side" is saying, if only to argue against it better. I've become much more liberal in my attitude to free speech and freedom of expression lately - partly in response to what I see as a growing illiberalism in people who think of themselves as liberals.

Personally, I would have no objection to seeing RT videos here. I doubt that I would agree with most (or any) of them but I do think it's important not to completely shut off from what "the other side" is saying, if only to argue against it better. I've become much more liberal in my attitude to free speech and freedom of expression lately - partly in response to what I see as a growing illiberalism in people who think of themselves as liberals.
Funnily enough . . .

I find myself in the same boat. And know thy enemy, as the saying goes. Having said that, it can be a fine line betwixt providing insight and ending up promoting, albeit inadvertently, bat-shit hate propaganda; hence why I will remove the vids if Tony wants me to.

John

Jabalia bombed again

Check out our video below showing the destruction in the refugee camp in the north of Gaza after its second bombardment in as many days:

Video shows scenes of destruction in the Jabalia refugee camp in Gaza, which has been hit by Israeli air strikes for a second straight day.

Palestinian officials say dozens of Palestinians were killed in a series of bombings there on Tuesday ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/N95J1xBEMb

— Al Jazeera English (@AJEnglish) November 1, 2023

Death toll in Gaza rises

The number of people killed in Israeli attacks on Gaza has gone up to 8,796, including 3,648 children and 2,290 women.
In a briefing, a health ministry official also gave these updates:
  • At least 22,219 people are wounded.
  • There are 2,030 reports of people missing, including 1,120 children buried under the rubble.
  • 130 paramedics and medical crew killed, 28 ambulances destroyed, and more than 270 attacks on the healthcare system in Gaza.
  • 16 hospitals out of 35 are out of operation, and 51 out of 72 primary healthcare clinics have shut down.
  • In the occupied West Bank, 128 Palestinians have been killed and over 1,980 wounded.

That's because he's proving himself to be a spineless little **** who cares more about power than any shred of human decency. It pains me to say this but I think Boris would have been more vocal than Starmer or Sunak.
Boris the renowned Islamic scholar and statesman?

There was a young fellow from Ankara
Who was a terrific ****erer
Till he sowed his wild oats
With the help of a goat
But he didn't even stop to thankera.

I think Al Jazeera serves this function far more successfully than RT. They make no pretence at impartiality- but why should they? It is liking watching a mirror image of the BBC where the Palestinian people are humanised rather than denigrated.

It is of course Qatari owned so cannot be relied upon as a principled and consistent champion of the Palestinians. But as long as its propaganda function is borne in mind, it is a hugely refreshing alternative to the mendacity and bias of the western mainstream media.

INTERACTIVE-Gazas-refugee-camps-1696923364.png

advertisement

Back