advertisement

UKIP!

Don`t see that at all, I think they`ll be lucky to get 15-20 and if the UKIP vote holds up at all they could go right back to Joe Grimmonds 5 men in the back of a cab days.
I reckon the coalition in-fighting will get very nasty over the next twelve months and the LDs won`t come out on top.

You may well be right. I still think they'll get many multiples of the MPs that UKIP achieve though! I suspect we've now seen peak-UKIP and the Lib Dem collapse, my view is both will gradually start to return to their natural positions.

One angle I can see for the Lib Dems is if Cameron goes excessively right-wing/xenophobic trying to court the UKIP nut-job vote, in that case the centre-ground pro-EU Tories will become alienated and may feel on safer ground with the LDs than with a Milliband/Balls-led Labour. No one talks about Ed Balls much, but to my mind is he's more of an electoral liability than even Ed M. The Libs still have Cable, and whilst a little bruised, battered and tired looking he's still worth fifty Ed Balls! UK politics is won and lost in the centre of the middle-ground. That's exactly where the Libs need to pitch their tent.

I suspect we've now seen peak-UKIP and the Lib Dem collapse, my view is both will gradually start to return to their natural positions.

Unfortunately, I think that a lot of people will (after the last three years) see the natural position for the LibDems as being Cameron's bitch.

Exposed as racist and homophobic, branded an idiot by Farage and kicked out of the party, but with "UKIP" on the ballot paper this person gets 23% of the vote. It's nuts!!

Imo 23% of voters have outed themselves as stupid.

"You look underneath that UKIP facade and you see something pretty nasty and unpleasant," he told BBC Radio 4.

Pot, kettle, black with knobs on!

Psychologists would probably explain this as a form of self-loathing, or ugliness envy.

Could well be Tony.
So much depends on what happens in marginal seats.

The LibDems might rally slightly if economic indicators remain positive.

All assuming Scotland stays in the Union. If not, bets are off surely? Labour lose 41 seats then.

Regards

Stephen

I blame the daily mail. It should be banned as trivial chitchat. It's a waste of ink and paper. Anti environment. Crap.

All assuming Scotland stays in the Union. If not, bets are off surely? Labour lose 41 seats then.

Regards

Stephen

Even if Scotland votes to leave the union I can`t see it all being done and dusted by next May - the referendum`s not till September and there will be months / years of argument about who gets what. I would assume the 2015 election wil go through under the existing rules.

Love this outpouring of frustration and anger from the left's useful idiots.
Don't like what democracy delivers, so they insult the voters...that will really help the Ukip cause.

You don't see the parallels with Italy and Germany in the first half of the last century, then?

Memo: must buy black shirt before going to the UK next. If they let me in.

Liblabcons lost the election because their policies were rejected, not so much a case of UKIP winning.
Until the the liblabcon realise why they lost they are doomed to fail., it's their policies stupid.

Even if Scotland votes to leave the union I can`t see it all being done and dusted by next May - the referendum`s not till September and there will be months / years of argument about who gets what. I would assume the 2015 election wil go through under the existing rules.

Lots of assumptions surrounding the vote in Scotland. You'd think someone would have worked out the consequences - oh, wait....

Stephen

You don't see the parallels with Italy and Germany in the first half of the last century, then?

Memo: must buy black shirt before going to the UK next. If they let me in.

avole, don't buy the hype.

Even if everyone who voted UKIP actually was actually a xenophobic bigoted UKIP supporter (unlikely) they only got 30% of a 35% turnout - from 41 million eligible voters.

Percentages don't tell the true story.

Hardly anyone at all, really.

Stephen

I'm for the introduction of Danelaw into Wessex and its dependencies, but otherwise - Saxons out.

To whom do I pledge allegiance?

Labour got 25%.

Paul

The good thing about fishing on pfm is not only do you get bites, but the nibblers are predictable.
Keep going Paul. If anyone can complete the sums it's you :)

I'm for the introduction of Danelaw into Wessex and its dependencies, but otherwise - Saxons out.

To whom do I pledge allegiance?

Could I interest you in my new novelty single policy ppp?
4kip will guarantee an afternoon nap for all those aged 40+.
We have a section for the 50+, who get an additional morning nap.

advertisement

Back