advertisement

UKIP!

The good thing about fishing on pfm is not only do you get bites, but the nibblers are predictable.
Oh, you were just kidding.

I respect the democratic process, you give the impression you don't. Might be worth working on that.

Paul

I went fishing with a joke. You bit, and comprehensively got your tiara in a twist.

I'm confused here. Is it not the case that UKIP has no policies beyond 'get out of EU/stop immigration'? Last I heard they were planning to rustle some policies up in September (see what's at the back of the cupboard; some jars of olives, corned beef and tins of peaches and a jar of Branston Pickle in my case).

I'm sure many moderate people would respect your stand on asparagus, but what about all this extremist nonsense about abolishing slavery?

So UKIP can't win a Conservative seat at a bi-election even when that election was set in motion by a clearly corrupt and disgraced Tory MP (link). Some interesting tactical voting evident, but I strongly suspect we saw 'peak UKIP' in the EU elections and it's all down-hill from now.

PS Utterly disastrous result for the Lib Dems, but that's probably for another thread (they did just beat the Bus Pass Elvis party though).

UKIP and the libdims are alleging the tories may have exceeded the spending allowance limits, HOW MANY sitting tory mps did they ship in as campaigning boots on the ground in Newark?

273, Hmmm, lots od 1st class rail tickets or whatever means they chose to travel to the east midlands.

UKIP and the libdims are alleging the tories may have exceeded the spending allowance limits, HOW MANY sitting tory mps did they ship in as campaigning boots on the ground in Newark?

273, Hmmm, lots od 1st class rail tickets or whatever means they chose to travel to the east midlands.

That's why UKIP shipped Farage off to Malta - those hotel mini-bars don't come cheap!

That's why UKIP shipped Farage off to Malta - those hotel mini-bars don't come cheap!

Farage has the taste for real ale, as do I so I don't think his mini-bar needed a top up or ukip being billing prior to his departure.

So UKIP can't win a Conservative seat at a bi-election even when that election was set in motion by a clearly corrupt and disgraced Tory MP (link). Some interesting tactical voting evident, but I strongly suspect we saw 'peak UKIP' in the EU elections and it's all down-hill from now.

PS Utterly disastrous result for the Lib Dems, but that's probably for another thread (they did just beat the Bus Pass Elvis party though).

Chaps

I think the political spectrum is now looking quite healthy.

The Tories are still broadly Thatcherite, a bit euro sceptic and very very sensible in their approach.

Nulab is broadly similar, so the real choice is Cameron or Milliband, the current modus operandi will continue no matter who wins the election.

UKIP could easily become the third party because they at least stand for something unlike the LibDems who don't seem to know their head from their arse and all they seem good at is being a political bum bitch and they will do anything for anyone just to survive.

The only losers are the lefties, they can make all the racket they want but no one is listening to them and they seem to be without influence and representation.

Overall, one is happy.

Regards

Mick

Mick, you do seem most fond of the rather crude and vulgar phrase 'bum bitch' these days, I think it's the third time I've seen it in recent weeks. Is it perhaps a unpleasant repressed memory resurfacing from your early years in the Swindon Masonic Lodge?

advertisement

Back