advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Question for the naysayers:

lets say all your dreams come true and England get knocked out at the last 16 stage and Southgate walks, who is your preferred choice of next manager?

I will get the ball rolling and go with Cloughie.

I want to see a proper redistribution of monies through the divisions that will much better support the development of English players.

I'd also like to see a black manager!

Of course it's true, he has had his favourites in the past, Sterling, Maguire, Henderson are three that spring to mind who have come in for some stick. Then look at how many England caps he has given out, then you will realise he has 'dabbled' far too much.
Just a completely contradictory view that makes no sense. He has his established players, he tries out some others when form or injury dictates. I just don’t understand your point.

Just a completely contradictory view that makes no sense. He has his established players, he tries out some others when form or injury dictates. I just don’t understand your point.
It is not contradictory, it is you be contrary yet again. Please just look at how many different players Southgate has given caps to. If you don't, then don't bother replying.

It is not contradictory, it is you be contrary yet again. Please just look at how many different players Southgate has given caps to. If you don't, then don't bother replying.
There’s no anomalies that I can see & he’s been in post for a long time. The players with the most caps are as you would expect. Obviously people used to moan about Sterling but he generally played well for his country.

There’s no anomalies that I can see & he’s been in post for a long time. The players with the most caps are as you would expect. Obviously people used to moan about Sterling but he generally played well for his country.
Southface does not know what it takes to win a game. Sure games have been won, but not by him, by having decent players working things out, and poor opposition. He's never beaten a decent team.
He has the pick of the best, and not the best, which is why there are so many caps given out.
Tactically, he's imature.
All this could be forgiven, if he had a relationship with the players., and Its clear he hasn't. These players will not run through brick walls for him, as they have no respect for him. It plays out on the field. They play like headless chickens.
Sterling is a very good player, who has never really shone for England, and theres many more. These players need guidance. I dont care that they should "step up to the plate" and know what to do. They are just footballers, they're not that clever, and need to be told, what to do.
Southface has sucked the life out of these players, in an attempt to placate the boring FA. he's sucked the life out of the fans, and he's sucked the life out of English football, but he'll probably get a peerage for achieving feck all. Thats how peerages work. Hes a twat.

Southface does not know what it takes to win a game. Sure games have been won, but not by him, by having decent players working things out, and poor opposition. He's never beaten a decent team.
He has the pick of the best, and not the best, which is why there are so many caps given out.
All this could be forgiven, if he had a relationship with the players., and Its clear he hasn't. These players will not run through brick walls for him, as they have no respect for him. It plays out on the field. They play like headless chickens.
Sterling is a very good player, who has never really shone for England, and theres many more. These players need guidance. I dont care that they should "step up to the plate" and know what to do. They are just footballers, they're not that clever, and need to be told, what to do.
Southface has sucked the life out of these players, in an attempt to placate the boring FA. he's sucked the life out of the fans, and he's sucked the life out of English football, but he'll probably get a peerage for achieving feck all. Thats how peerages work. Hes a twat.
Been on the beer, have we? The auld classic late Saturday night post letting the keyboard run away with you.

Apart from the obvious contradictions in your drivel (headless chickens would suggest frenetic players whereas boring suggests slow and predictable) and I understand you not rating Southgate as a tactician/motivator, but I struggle to reconcile his character/personality/conduct with being a twat unless you are a. a troll b. a jock c. aged 9 d. a Chelsea supporter.

I will only disagree with you on one point 😁
Sterling is not a very good player, he can get in good positions but lacks control of the ball, spends too much time laying on the ground when someone from the opposition has tackled him.

Lenny Henry.
The racism is very striking - It's just like Yorkshire CCC in the PL and FA

Ince was the first black manager in the PL and it took until 2008, 41 years after Laurie Cunningham first played for England!

"An article in The Independent in 2018 found that a quarter of retired England internationals since 1990 had been black, though only one seventh of those had gone into management. Of those five individuals, one was still working in 2018 and only one had managed in the Premier League, for under a year.[2]"

This is pretty much the biggest load of tosh ever written on here. Absolute garbage.

Sterling never shone for his country - laughable!

Not popular with players - have you lived under a rock? Sterling, who has not made the squad, was singing his praises in an interview only the other week.

Then there is the ad hom.

I’ve wasted enough time on this reply already.

Racial origin is completely immaterial.

They need a competent manager.
There is a serious issue of institutional racism in English football - there are no role models for black managers. So I'd like to see them make an international appointment to show they are serious about the "kicking out racism" message. I bet you can get about 1000:1 on that happening... The French even have/had a black woman as CEO of their FA!

@gavreid I don't care whether a black or white manager is picked for the next England manager, but you can't just pick a colour for colours sake, it has to be the best man for the job. What other countries do is up to them surely.

@gavreid I don't care whether a black or white manager is picked for the next England manager, but you can't just pick a colour for colours sake, it has to be the best man for the job. What other countries do is up to them surely.
The Lionesses look very white too. For me it's to pressure on the FA - it'll never happen, of course but the claim that the wouldn't be able to find such a person is nonsense. What about Fae, for example, Best Coach of the 2023 AFCON tournament? A fine young manager with fresh ideas...

Been on the beer, have we? The auld classic late Saturday night post letting the keyboard run away with you.

Apart from the obvious contradictions in your drivel (headless chickens would suggest frenetic players whereas boring suggests slow and predictable) and I understand you not rating Southgate as a tactician/motivator, but I struggle to reconcile his character/personality/conduct with being a twat unless you are a. a troll b. a jock c. aged 9 d. a Chelsea supporter.
We're never having children if you behave like that

advertisement

Back