advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Yes I think so but it was already known that he wasn’t going to be fit for the first game. In previous tournaments, I am sure Southgate would have still taken him in the knowledge that Maguire will come back into the team as soon as he is fit - not so on this occasion which for me probably signifies the end of his England career.

It might. Depends on whether Southgate stays after the Euros.

Oh boy. Bit disappointing tonight. Lots of possession but not much in the way of chances. The last couple of friendlies haven't really tested our defence either. I hope we see a better England in the tournament.

Bellingham, Shaw and Pickfords stock just went up. Worst performance for quite a while - Rice and Manoo didn’t look right.

Bit mad how he says he doesn’t follow football, never has. When he was given Vieira’s number at Arsenal, he said something like... “I know he was a good player, though I wouldn’t know the details.” The absolute sausage.
It’s not unheard of for players not to like watching or take an interest in the game. David Batty always described it as his job and I believe has severed all connections with football since retiring. Pascal Chimbonda claimed never to watch football either.

Cheers BB

Arnold performs well, he must surely be a starter. Southgate a pratt, now is the time to play first 11, not dabbling all too late.
Agree, he's dabbled far too much, handing out England caps as though they were sweeties. I'm willing to bet he still doesn't know which is his best starting line up. Let's just hope the players and manger can change things when there is actually something to play for. I'm sure there is a good team in there just waiting to come out.

Agree, he's dabbled far too much, handing out England caps as though they were sweeties. I'm willing to bet he still doesn't know which is his best starting line up. Let's just hope the players and manger can change things when there is actually something to play for. I'm sure there is a good team in there just waiting to come out.
That’s not true is it? He’s been criticised for having favourites & sticking with established names…..

I’ve said all along Southgate never a top manager always dithers never knows when to substitute. A typical FA man never won anything as a manager I’d be very surprised if he does anything in the Euros.

Regards,

Martin
At the time of his appointment we’d had a run of ‘top managers’ who never really achieved anything. I actually think he’s very suited to international management which is completely different to club football.

England manager is almost a political appointment.

That’s not true is it? He’s been criticised for having favourites & sticking with established names…..
Of course it's true, he has had his favourites in the past, Sterling, Maguire, Henderson are three that spring to mind who have come in for some stick. Then look at how many England caps he has given out, then you will realise he has 'dabbled' far too much.

Well, glad I didn't bother to watch that - booed off by school kids! Looking forward to seeing Haji Wright tonight put a few more millions on his value ;)

advertisement

Back