advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Maguire is past it, truly (though it looks like he is not fit vs being cut on merit) and Grealish is a squad player at Citeh, better options for that team with Foden, Bowen and Palmer who have all had decent form this year. In non-England news, I got Scotland in the pool at work.
Maguire is injured, far from past it & always seems to play well for England. Foden, Bowen & Palmer have been a bit better than 'decent';)

Remember when Denmark won?

Without even qualifying…

Sure everyone remembers Denmark won after being on the beach, but I’d forgotten how…

Drew their opening game 0-0 with England only eleven days after Yugoslavia were banned. Lost their next against Sweden, before beating France in their final group game, then Euro 88 winners, the Netherlands, and Italia 90 winners, Germany. Unbelievable, Jeff.

Sure everyone remembers Denmark won after being on the beach, but I’d forgotten how…

Drew their opening game 0-0 with England only eleven days after Yugoslavia were banned. Lost their next against Sweden, before beating France in their final group game, then Euro 88 winners, the Netherlands, and Italia 90 winners, Germany. Unbelievable, Jeff.
My girlfriend at the time had Germany in the work pool. She must have been the only person in the country not to be supporting Denmark in that final!

Who will be this tournament's England villain? Or who will be the player every man Jack including the tabloids is calling for to have more of a role?

Grealish and Maguire out of England squad (@David_Ornstein)
Check out the big khoonas on Southgate. For somebody who has in the past stuck with his senior and established players, I think this year has seen a ruthless streak with the jettisoning of older players like Stirling,, Henderson and now Maguire (as predicted by me upthread) plus the deselection of players not getting regular first team football like Philips, Grealish and Mount.

Check out the big khoonas on Southgate. For somebody who has in the past stuck with his senior and established players, I think this year has seen a ruthless streak with the jettisoning of older players like Stirling,, Henderson and now Maguire (as predicted by me upthread) plus the deselection of players not getting regular first team football like Philips, Grealish and Mount.

A fit Maguire gets in the squad.

A fit Maguire gets in the squad.
Yes I think so but it was already known that he wasn’t going to be fit for the first game. In previous tournaments, I am sure Southgate would have still taken him in the knowledge that Maguire will come back into the team as soon as he is fit - not so on this occasion which for me probably signifies the end of his England career.

Yes I think so but it was already known that he wasn’t going to be fit for the first game. In previous tournaments, I am sure Southgate would have still taken him in the knowledge that Maguire will come back into the team as soon as he is fit - not so on this occasion which for me probably signifies the end of his England career.
He’s 30, let’s not be overly dramatic. The injury is probably worse than first thought.

I would have preferred Braithwait over Dunk. Think our defence is weaker than normal.

Think our defence is weaker than normal.
It’s not Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Neville, is it?

You’d think they could’ve made up with Ben White by now; and Shaw, the only proper left-back, hasn’t played since mid-February and won’t be ready for the first game.

It’s not Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Neville, is it?

You’d think they could’ve made up with Ben White by now; and Shaw, the only proper left-back, hasn’t played since mid-February and won’t be ready for the first game.
Ben White is an odd one for sure.

Bit mad how he says he doesn’t follow football, never has. When he was given Vieira’s number at Arsenal, he said something like... “I know he was a good player, though I wouldn’t know the details.” The absolute sausage.
Looks like he spends more time on the subbed than studying opponents.

advertisement

Back