advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

Grazie mille.

That softens the blow from once again being overlooked for selection for the Azzurri. There’s sprezzatura, and then there’s wearing that jacket.
Unusually for the Italian team where you are normally not allowed in unless you are 6ft2 and movie star handsome, one of the players appears to be 4ft8 -- although in this case it does mean that his jacket almost fits.

one of the players appears to be 4ft8 -- although in this case it does mean that his jacket almost fits.
Raspadori, here with his old Sassuolo team-mate, Scamacca…

IMG-2116.jpg

Almost looks like they’re wearing the same size, and that collar gap, smh. Italians on X not impressed…

Raspadori, here with his old Sassuolo team-mate, Scamacca…

IMG-2116.jpg

Almost looks like they’re wearing the same size, and that collar gap, smh. Italians on X not impressed…
Italian team in with a chance of going the distance again - in fact my left nut is telling me Germany v Italy final.

Only a day to the opener and feeling a bit torn as to whom I would like to lose the most - TBD.

Anyway found this nugget on the BBC about how Craig Brown approached his team's opener against Brazil at the 98 WC:

"I spoke to Bobby Robson, who had Ronaldo at Barcelona. I asked how we stop him and he said: 'You don't, just don't let him get the ball'.

"Most of his passes came from Cafu at right-back, so I told Christian Dailly: 'If you let Cafu cross the halfway line and pass to Ronaldo, you'll be sitting beside me on the bench'."

Good luck to Scotland tomorrow.
Just seen a news report from Germany, or Scotland, as its now known. Its been taken over by the Scots, I've missed their proper passionate support in recent events.
Best of luck jocks, unless we meet👍

Just seen a news report from Germany, or Scotland, as its now known. Its been taken over by the Scots, I've missed their proper passionate support in recent events.
Best of luck jocks, unless we meet👍

The team always gets great support.

Well having slept on it overnight and dreamt of Ali’s Tartan Army, Alan Rough, Peter Lorimers 70mph hotshot, I have decided to cheer on ……..Germany this evening such is the hatred of the English by Scotland.

@Spraggons Den Two wrongs don't make a right. You're only stooping as low as the Scottish who hope for England to lose.
Maybe but it feels great. My preferred means of Scottish defeat is whereby they play well, take an early lead, defend heroically for most of the game but concede to an inevitable penalty and then lose the game deep into injury time to either a spectacular bullet header own goal or when the keeper and centre back collide with one another leaving the grateful German with an open goal tap in. I wonder if Nicola Sturgen will be at the game?

advertisement

Back