advertisement

UEFA Euros 2024

i don't mind if we win boring - yes it would be nice to entertain all the time, but boring can be highly tactical and very skillful
I can't imagine the Italians look back on their World Cup wins and say 'yes we won but weren't we boring'. I just want us to win something in my lifetime. TBH, I can't imagine us winning boring, I don't think we have the defensive capability.

Cheers BB

WTF.

All the more delicious for Pravda's like which just confers extra WTFness on it, especially as only two posts earlier he thought it unfair to compare football now with football of yesteryear but he thinks it's entirely reasonable to compare football now with ....erm.... motorbike racing :).

And to think I struggled to get out of bed this morning.
Really what is your problem? You now think, you have the goods on why people "like" something. Your some special person. I'd stay in bed if that's all you've got. You pick a fight then ignore any comments that you don't agree with.
Just leave it alone please.

Top level international football is far more tactical than the EPL, few chances are taken & you have to take them.

Excitement often relies on mistakes, technical players make fewer of them. Even Brazil have had to massively adapt over the years.

Scotland call up Ben Doak who hasn't played first team football since sustaining a long term injury. Ben Doak withdraws from squad after sustaining injury. Don't you just love international football?

Based on previous experience of Scotland squads it should be a rule that no player gets included in the squad who's not playing regular first team football for their club. Even good players tend to not perform well if they've not been playing competitive football.

I think entertaining and informative discussion of the main runners and riders, hosted by that James Richardson off've Football Italia, amongst other tings:
Also available on Spotify.

Listening to all the criticism I thought England had lost. Football fans are a strange breed.
England must win, but winning is not enough.

They must win comfortably to nil and must have scored in the first 30 minutes. They must play scintillating, attacking, flawless football.

Anything else means the manager is a clueless, negative idiot and definitely much worse than all the other managers that went before him who never won anything either.

England must win, but winning is not enough.

They must win comfortably to nil and must have scored in the first 30 minutes. They must play scintillating, attacking, flawless football.

Anything else means the manager is a clueless, negative idiot and definitely much worse than all the other managers that went before him who never won anything either.
So true, remember the pelters that Bobby Robson received? Venables didn't hang around long etc etc

@Woodface No love here for Bobby Robson as England manager. Going back to 1984 it was only after he lost his two favs, Brian Robson and Wilkins did we start to play football. Moving on 4 years and didn't the players revolt and he had to change formation/tactics.

@Woodface Moving on 4 years and didn't the players revolt and he had to change formation/tactics.
Not true. Watch any of Lineker's comments on it.
Bobby went to the senior players and said "I'm thinking of going to five at the back (3-5-2) what do you think?"
And I presume you mean 86 not 84.

@Weekender My apologies if I'm wrong, however I don't believe a manager should be asking players for advice on team tactics.
He was hardly asking for advice, but rather canvassing opinion. The players were open to the suggestion and thought it could work. Final decision was Robson's. He'd have been foolhardy to impose a new system at short notice against the player's instincts.
There are different ways of managing...Pep is a control freak, others are more willing to listen to senior players.

advertisement

Back