advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of the consent decree

"But there is another deeply alarming possibility to consider. This November will be the first since the expiration of a 1982 consent decree in which the Republican National Committee will be freed to conduct voter suppression and intimidation en masse. As Andy Kroll recently explained at Rolling Stone:

The result of the suit was a
1982 consent decree between the Democratic and Republican parties. Even though the RNC refused to admit wrong-doing in New Jersey, the group agreed to stop harassing and intimidating voters of color, including by deputizing off-duty law-enforcement officers and equipping those officers with guns or badges. Over the next three decades, Democrats marshaled enough evidence of ongoing Republican voter suppression to maintain the consent decree until 2018, when a federal judge lifted the order.

The 2020 presidential election will be the first in nearly 40 years when the RNC isn’t bound by the terms of the 1982 decree. Clark, the Trump campaign lawyer, told the group of Republicans at the private meeting last November that the end of the consent decree was “a huge, huge, huge, huge deal,” freeing the RNC to directly coordinate with campaigns and political committees on so-called Election Day operations. The RNC is sending millions of dollars to state Republican parties to vastly expand these measures, which include recruiting 50,000 poll observers to deploy in key precincts."
Just one leg of the voter suppression strategy - keeping the pandemic roaring will scare off more of Biden's voter turnout than Trump's - recent NYT poll shows a drop of 25 points for Biden but 16 for Trump.

I'm sure Mitch McConnell would have no qualms doing this & selling it to some GOP state governors under the guise of economy, kids schooling, etc.

It puts a different slant on this view https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/trump-part-19.238724/page-94#post-4046871

Seeker,

The test Trump aced was the Montreal Cognitive Assessment or MoCA test. I know of it because it's the test my now late stepfather took during the early stages of Alzheimer's disease.

If Trump aced it, as he says, the only thing you can conclude is that he's not moderately or severely demented, unless he paid someone to take the test for him. If so, all bets are off.

[Edit: I've removed the image of the MoCA test. Probably best not to post copyrighted material.]

I know the animals — Bitey, Horny and Lumpy. And the thing at top centre is a Borg vessel! Holy shit!

Joe
Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America, on the subject of him having recently taken a standard cognitive assessment test, said the following to Chris Wallace of Fox News during a nationally televised interview that aired on Sunday, July 19, 2020:

“...the first few questions are easy, but I’ll bet you couldn’t even answer the last five questions. I’ll bet you couldn’t. They get very hard, the last five questions. [emphasis added]
For reference: https://www.parkinsons.va.gov/resources/MOCA-Test-English.pdf

Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America, on the subject of him having recently taken a standard cognitive assessment test, said the following to Chris Wallace of Fox News during a nationally televised interview that aired on Sunday, July 19, 2020:

“...the first few questions are easy, but I’ll bet you couldn’t even answer the last five questions. I’ll bet you couldn’t. They get very hard, the last five questions. [emphasis added]
For reference: https://www.parkinsons.va.gov/resources/MOCA-Test-English.pdf

Why would anyone administer this test, unless...

As I see it, each step represents a degree of further separation from the EU, represented by the flags of the countries at those steps. The UK's red lines preclude it from all steps except the last, a simple trade deal similar to those with Korea and Canada.

some very sad news...

michael brooks was really smart, funny and growing by the year as a serious political analyst. he was on trajectory to be a very important leftist journalist. the kind i would berate you guys to listen to.

i just got home from cycling and was cueing up my bits of evening news from youtube, when i spotted this on TYT (i am going to have a very stiff drink before i actually watch it -- only say first few seconds to confirm)...

paging @matthewr -- i believe you once referenced his show

p.s. one of my favourite clips where michael performs the difficult task of being funny about trump...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back