advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started listening to Mary L Trump's audiobook about, Donald, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World's Most Dangerous Man.

Mary is Don's niece and has a PhD in clinical psychology from Adelphi University. Judging by the opening chapter, she has a sense of humour.

Trump tried to stop the book from being published. I look forward to her analysis of his insanity ... and the dirt.

Jack

It would appear that the skids are being greased under the unfortunate Dr. Fauci:

4MdMlulmKmW8BkoiX2SAoA.png

Of course, the White House said that this (by one of Trump's senior advisers) was an unauthorised comment...

As much as I hate to see thousands of people die unnecessarily if the right wing continue with their science-denying-sacrifice-gran-to-save-the-economy play I think that by November the US will be in such a terrible mess that Trumps reelection chances will be near zero.

As much as I hate to see thousands of people die unnecessarily if the right wing continue with their science-denying-sacrifice-gran-to-save-the-economy play I think that by November the US will be in such a terrible mess that Trumps reelection chances will be near zero.

he’ll just claim mail in ballot fraud and refuse to leave.

I see the new plan emerging:

1) they end objective reporting of disease statistics, and will put out fake numbers going forward. First step of this has been implemented today.
2) they will trumpet a fake vaccine/cure, stage massive distributions, and have fake numbers to prove it works
3) they will coast to victory as the saviors of the nation
4) or else claim mail in ballot fraud

^ yep Covid numbers are no longer to be collated by the CDC in Atlanta but sent direct to the swamp where they can be changed.
USA becoming a third world country in front of our eyes. Of course the UK is no better. 2016 was a bad, bad year.

I can never tell anymore if that guy's 'avin a larf or what :)
I like the way he delivered it with the trade market little shimmy of the hips and shoulders. Surprised he didn’t ask them to buy a MAGA hat and wear it in the casket at the funeral parlour.

I guess "they all look the same"

30922890-8537217-image-a-73_1595105897750.jpg

30922898-8537217-image-a-81_1595106141849.jpg

In a tribute to the deceased John Lewis, Marco Rubio tweeted a photo of himself with Elijah Cummings.

keepin' it real...

In a tribute to the deceased John Lewis, Marco Rubio tweeted a photo of himself with Elijah Cummings.

if i put you in the lab and carried out a standard social-psych out-group perception test, you would be equally embarrassed. so would everyone else here. 99% guarantee. look up "out group homogeneity effect"*. it's a classic. just simple cognition. i would actually bet heavily on nancy pelosi making the same mistake as rubio if she had to manage her own tweeting.

of course it's funny and worth posting for that reason, but it shouldn't overshadow the deep problems of racial injustice that really means something beyond political gossip and point-scoring. of course rubio is ethically all wrong to his republican core, but this is not the reason.

*--back in grad school, when i was teaching a research methods lab, one of my students called it the "out-group congeniality effect" in a paper i graded. this became a running joke for a few years when my office mate quipped: "miss out-group congeniality" (cross-atlantic cultural hint: USA beauty pageant award).

The end of the consent decree

"But there is another deeply alarming possibility to consider. This November will be the first since the expiration of a 1982 consent decree in which the Republican National Committee will be freed to conduct voter suppression and intimidation en masse. As Andy Kroll recently explained at Rolling Stone:

The result of the suit was a
1982 consent decree between the Democratic and Republican parties. Even though the RNC refused to admit wrong-doing in New Jersey, the group agreed to stop harassing and intimidating voters of color, including by deputizing off-duty law-enforcement officers and equipping those officers with guns or badges. Over the next three decades, Democrats marshaled enough evidence of ongoing Republican voter suppression to maintain the consent decree until 2018, when a federal judge lifted the order.

The 2020 presidential election will be the first in nearly 40 years when the RNC isn’t bound by the terms of the 1982 decree. Clark, the Trump campaign lawyer, told the group of Republicans at the private meeting last November that the end of the consent decree was “a huge, huge, huge, huge deal,” freeing the RNC to directly coordinate with campaigns and political committees on so-called Election Day operations. The RNC is sending millions of dollars to state Republican parties to vastly expand these measures, which include recruiting 50,000 poll observers to deploy in key precincts."

keepin' it real...

if i put you in the lab and carried out a standard social-psych out-group perception test, you would be equally embarrassed. so would everyone else here. 99% guarantee. look up "out group homogeneity effect"*. it's a classic. just simple cognition. i would actually bet heavily on nancy pelosi making the same mistake as rubio if she had to manage her own tweeting.

I'm not gonna give Rubio even a scintilla of a break on this one. These were both people he knew well and saw at work on a daily basis. I don't think out-group homogeneity effect applies to people with whom one is personally acquainted, then it's not just a picture of an elderly bald black man, it's a picture of a familiar colleague. Maybe the Rubio staffer who actually selected the photo and composed the tweet could be excused, but then perhaps people shouldn't be letting others do their tweets for them without a bit of oversight.

The end of the consent decree

"But there is another deeply alarming possibility to consider. This November will be the first since the expiration of a 1982 consent decree in which the Republican National Committee will be freed to conduct voter suppression and intimidation en masse. As Andy Kroll recently explained at Rolling Stone:

The result of the suit was a
1982 consent decree between the Democratic and Republican parties. Even though the RNC refused to admit wrong-doing in New Jersey, the group agreed to stop harassing and intimidating voters of color, including by deputizing off-duty law-enforcement officers and equipping those officers with guns or badges. Over the next three decades, Democrats marshaled enough evidence of ongoing Republican voter suppression to maintain the consent decree until 2018, when a federal judge lifted the order.

The 2020 presidential election will be the first in nearly 40 years when the RNC isn’t bound by the terms of the 1982 decree. Clark, the Trump campaign lawyer, told the group of Republicans at the private meeting last November that the end of the consent decree was “a huge, huge, huge, huge deal,” freeing the RNC to directly coordinate with campaigns and political committees on so-called Election Day operations. The RNC is sending millions of dollars to state Republican parties to vastly expand these measures, which include recruiting 50,000 poll observers to deploy in key precincts."
This is really worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back