advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, did you happen to notice that charlatan robin diangelo was a behind-the-scenes "consultant" in the documentary? her book is an NYT best-seller right now. clearly, some things have been massively rewarded and encouraged rather than forgotten.

The first I heard of her was her book being widely panned.

what if a group of evergreen students showed up to your flat, smashed down the door and chanted:

"1 trillion dollars... is a big deal!"

lots of people would believe them.

I would be annoyed about the noise and the door but otherwise wouldn't think anything of it.

I would be annoyed about the noise and the door but otherwise wouldn't think anything of it.

i suspect you would if you started seeing it as not-to-be-questionned 'truth" all over the press and twitter, not to mention paul krugman e-mailing you to say he's scared to talk about it.

maybe in your circle of friends and colleagues. since watching that documentary, i contacted several people i know in academia (various branches of psychology, one of them now a dean; i also did this at time of laurier scandal) and they say things seem to be getting worse. the unanimous impression (not just them, but everyone they work with) is that one dares not approach certain topics, both from clinical and cognitive perspective. basically, science is being distorted and/or silenced by the politics of people who are supposed to be learning about things they don't understand rather than yelling about them. i see fallacies at a D-grade 1st year student level all over the press that are a direct consequence. it's a big social problem.

also, did you happen to notice that charlatan robin diangelo was a behind-the-scenes "consultant" in the documentary? her book is an NYT best-seller right now. clearly, some things have been massively rewarded and encouraged rather than forgotten.

what if a group of evergreen students showed up to your flat, smashed down the door and chanted:

lots of people would believe them.

Surely student debt hasn't reached those heady heights? /s

vuk, how big was your sample and what was the North American/Non NA split?

i suspect you would if you started seeing it as not-to-be-questionned 'truth" all over the press and twitter, not to mention paul krugman e-mailing you to say he's scared to talk about it.

It it an unquestioned truth all over the internet! I have been correcting this sort of thing on here for 10+ years. And Kruggers is probably delighted to keep getting paid for writing the same column and releasing a new book on the subject.

The scared to talk about thing is beyond my experience. I do know people who claim it';s impossible to, say, criticise Israel although I have been doing this all my adult life without problem so I always take this with a pinch of salt.

The other thing I would say about this, is that in the UK we had all this in the 1980s when I was a student. Back then politics was dominated by talk of the "loony left", whether deplatforming was a good thing or an attack on free speech, whether it was possible to be a voice of dissent on campus on topics like race and homophobia, etc. etc. The Evergreen story just seemed like something from 30 years ago and is probably why it was quickly forgotten over here.

I still wonder why he was administered a cognitive ability test in the first place? It's not a part of a usual check-up.

Because he was symptomatic and having the test allows him to start on the meds immediately rather than waiting for scans and a formal diagnosis, would be my guess based on the podcast I just listened to. A more pertinent question, I have brilliantly remembered from that very same podcast, is how they managed to persuade him to go to the hospital?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/trumps-dementia-39645387

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back