advertisement

Trump Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down below?

MJ18-MensHealth-1-696x522.jpg

A thought - is trump's tactic now to hold rallies in various states that he wants to spread infection in, so that their Nov voting is compromised in some way that advantages him?

I think holding rallies now is too early - rallies in September would be better to seed a COVID spike in October.

A thought - is trump's tactic now to hold rallies in various states that he wants to spread infection in, so that their Nov voting is compromised in some way that advantages him?

I think Trump's tactic is to double down on his base. As a narcissist, he sees his reelection and personal gain as matters of national security.

There's a headline in today's Telegraph that claims that the Republican leadership is "war-gaming plans in the anticipation of legal challenges and misuse of executive power" in case of a Trump defeat.

There's a headline in today's Telegraph that claims that the Republican leadership is "war-gaming plans in the anticipation of legal challenges and misuse of executive power" in case of a Trump defeat.

Is that because they worry about people legally going after Trump/them after he’s out of office? Or does it mean in the sense that they’re planning to misuse executive power to challenge the election result if it goes against them?

That clip the other day about using emergency powers etc to hang on even if Biden wins was chillingly plausible enough, but if that’s what the Rep leadership is ‘wargaming’, it starts to seem even more like shit’s getting real.

is the US re-opening schools in August?
I'm telling you he wants to create a country in full crises of a pandemic in order to steal the election
Or the other scenario is that he wants the bulk of the TrumpVirus deaths over before Nov
The guy's insane or maybe I'm going insane?

is the US re-opening schools in August?
I'm telling you he wants to create a country in full crises of a pandemic in order to steal the election
Or the other scenario is that he wants the bulk of the TrumpVirus deaths over before Nov
The guy's insane or maybe I'm going insane?

Or he knows he's gonna lose and just wants to kill us all for revenge.

Not insane. Incompetent and out of his depth. A low point in America’s politics and history. I spent time in America recently and stayed in a guesthouse in New England. The delightful hosts spent most of their time apologising for Trump. They were mortified and hated his impact on international relations. The guy is a second hand car salesman at best.

• Mary Trump, a clinical psychologist, writes that her uncle is a textbook narcissist, and that his late father, the real estate developer Fred Trump Sr., was a sociopath.
  • The coronavirus pandemic, writes Mary Trump, has revealed President Trump to be a “petty, pathetic little man — ignorant, incapable, out of his depth, and lost to his own delusional spin.”
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/07/mar...-a-narcissist-and-the-son-of-a-sociopath.html

Not insane. Incompetent and out of his depth. A low point in America’s politics and history. I spent time in America recently and stayed in a guesthouse in New England. The delightful hosts spent most of their time apologising for Trump. They were mortified and hated his impact on international relations. The guy is a second hand car salesman at best.
I think people will look back on this presidency and wonder how the hell it happened that a con artist and a hooker occupied the White House. It is insane.

I think people will look back on this presidency and wonder how the hell it happened that a con artist and a hooker occupied the White House. It is insane.
It’s like watching an episode of the Simpsons on repeat.Really beyond belief. And the deaths in America re Covid are horrifying. Fake news....e.g.I’m not accountable and will accept no responsibility!

It’s like watching an episode of the Simpsons on repeat.Really beyond belief. And the deaths in America re Covid are horrifying. Fake news....e.g.I’m not accountable and will accept no responsibility!

The Simpsons are funny, perceptive and brilliantly intelligent: nothing like trumpdumb.

That's very harsh - to second hand car dealers.

This disgusting psychotic has never hidden his narcissism, cowardice, racism, misogyny, naked self interest, corruption, contempt for those who actually play straight and all his other thoroughly odious characteristics. He is a totally humourless oaf, without a single admirable quality and a complete waste of oxygen.

But let's not dwell on his him - he would love that. The enablers own this. Particularly the GOP who went from opportunistic silence, to rabid deniers and enablers of most of the above in fairly short order. But there is also those who voted for him to "shake things up" or "drain the swamp" that was self evidently replacing effluent with something far more toxic.

There was nothing hidden about any of this and it's on them that they went AWOL when it counted. It's also a sober reminder to voters that elections are pretty much always about the least bad option. Abstaining in protest is just what the worst candidate wants you to do. The same applies to referendums.

Last edited:
I think it needs to be remembered that the USA occasionally has bouts of craziness that baffle outsiders, but it always recovers - well, so far it has...

I think it needs to be remembered that the USA occasionally has bouts of craziness that baffle outsiders, but it always recovers - well, so far it has...

You might be right but what happens when Trump refuses to go? You have more faith in the US military and police than I have. I see them as a big part of the problem. Hardly a murmur when he takes the sides of Russia and others against his own country. Do you remember the America where Dan Quayle was considered dangerously stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back