advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

oh dear bad start to the day - wife dropped her phone (Flip 4) down the stairs - broken hinge, broken screen, smashed....just about managed to get it to factory reset in readiness for the arrival of a new one on Monday.

Now on the train to Birmingham, no catering - due to RMT strike.

You will have to get a dry, curled up sandwich elsewhere!

actually the pasta dish in 1st on Avanti W Coast is quite tasty. In all my recent travels on trains with catering, I am afraid to disappoint you, but I haven't seen the dry curled up sandwich.

The bacon rolls are quite good, when they don't run out.

Picked up some supplies from screwfix
Went to see a job with a shower we did 2 or 3 years ago , an adjacent wall wet which is a real pain .i can only assume its leaking from under shower pan ..grrr

Then later took an elderly lady to see an emergency GP , excellent service

Very long day in London today, Croydon, Soho & Mile End, setting up a couple of forthcoming jobs and seeing a client.

Swam tonight and then watched the first episode of the new Rebus, quite promising but had trouble getting Ken Stott out of my head.

Cheers BB

yesterday afternoon wander round some Birmingham pubs - we love the Craven Arms.

Dinner in a funky restaurant, rap music, graffiti, open kitchen..... Chef we recognised from a restaurant in Leeds....brilliant dinner.

Today - depends on the weather, but the botanical gardens are top of the list....gig tonight

watched the first episode of the new Rebus, quite promising but had trouble getting Ken Stott out of my head.
I've just finished watching the series (no spoilers).

I found it very much Rebus for the 2020s. I quickly settled into Richard Rankin's performance. Lot's of questions at the end of the last episode. I hope there's more in the pipeline.

I've just finished watching the series (no spoilers).

I found it very much Rebus for the 2020s. I quickly settled into Richard Rankin's performance. Lot's of questions at the end of the last episode. I hope there's more in the pipeline.
I thought the updating made for good television, and Edinburgh was very photogenic and atmosheric. Good script, credible acting.
On the minus side, whatever happened to Rebus's hi fi?
And wtf was the title music, when there's any number of Jackie Leven tracks that would have done a far better job. In the books Rebus is a big JL fan, and in real life Ian Rankin was too, even doing gigs with JL, of which there was a double cd released.
All the same, enjoyable update. Cafferty I thought particularly good.

yesterday afternoon wander round some Birmingham pubs - we love the Craven Arms.

Dinner in a funky restaurant, rap music, graffiti, open kitchen..... Chef we recognised from a restaurant in Leeds....brilliant dinner.

Today - depends on the weather, but the botanical gardens are top of the list....gig tonight
get down to winterbourne gardens ... just awsome . especially now you can walk by the lake for quite a way

winterbourne by https://www.flickr.com/photos/158267783@N02/, on Flickr

I thought the updating made for good television, and Edinburgh was very photogenic and atmosheric. Good script, credible acting.
On the minus side, whatever happened to Rebus's hi fi?
And wtf was the title music, when there's any number of Jackie Leven tracks that would have done a far better job. In the books Rebus is a big JL fan, and in real life Ian Rankin was too, even doing gigs with JL, of which there was a double cd released.
All the same, enjoyable update. Cafferty I thought particularly good.
I have that CD

advertisement

Back