advertisement

The return of the Wam Show 2022

You don't hope it goes well, or you wouldn't constantly run down what is an enthusiast's show. So that is incorrect. I struggled with your reply, however, due to the rather strange punctuation.

You don't hope it goes well, or you wouldn't constantly run down what is an enthusiast's show. So that is incorrect. I struggled with your reply, however, due to the rather strange punctuation.

No all I did was post up the trip advisor and say how run down it is.
I then get abuse and so replied to it.
Funny how the guys on here that have also replied to how bad the place look haven't got any abuse.
Also I see the thread has completely disappeared on the wam site, why do that if you are happy with people looking at the link and seeing for themselves the reviews and pics of the place?
Nothing more to say on this as no point.

I do hope it goes well as I have no reason for it not too. But the pics of the place don't lie

Well after posting on the wam site the link for the hotel trip advisor and saying it look very run down and dirty etc, I got a bit of abuse lol, very childish really and now banned lol.
Being called a snob, don't want people like you there, etc, etc. Really well not much to say, was going to post this below but obviously can't now.

Wow, some of you lot have really shown your real colour's, very friendly, lol.

Just for reference I have given many years for free, my time etc in helping run one of the biggest car clubs in UK, running shows, sorting out shows, the list goes on, so yes I know 100% what it takes to put much bigger events on than this thanks.

I just post up, saying the hotel looks very run down, has very bad reviews and even the locals have given it worst hotel 5 years running.

As said already hope it all goes well
You come across terribly, which is probably why people reacted in the same spirit as your posts.

A hifi enthusiasts show is surely something to celebrate among hifi enthusiasts, especially after several years of us not being able to get together. I hope everyone attending or exhibiting enjoys it a great deal, as I always have.

You come across terribly, which is probably why people reacted in the same spirit as your posts.

Only said the place looks run down and horrible just as what the pics and reviews show, as others have also commented after looking at them. Nothing about the show etc, it was all about the venue. Not sure I could have said any difference as the place is bad.
Maybe rather than get all defensive and giving me abuse and banning me, they could have put some pics up of the rooms etc to show how they are? But no delete the thread before too many see it and ban him, says a lot really.

A hifi enthusiasts show is surely something to celebrate among hifi enthusiasts, especially after several years of us not being able to get together. I hope everyone attending or exhibiting enjoys it a great deal, as I always have.

Shows are great and I like going to them and I am sure this one will be full of great guys etc, as said I was talking about the condition of the venue and nothing else.

Only said the place looks run down and horrible just as what the pics and reviews show, as others have also commented after looking at them. Nothing about the show etc, it was all about the venue. Not sure I could have said any difference as the place is bad.
Maybe rather than get all defensive and giving me abuse and banning me, they could have put some pics up of the rooms etc to show how they are? But no delete the thread before too many see it and ban him, says a lot really.

Shows are great and I like going to them and I am sure this one will be full of great guys etc, as said I was talking about the condition of the venue and nothing else.

The savoy was booked that weekend unfortunately.

dimensions of the rooms are very favourable compared to many hotel venues. It might not have the glitz and glamour of the big branded hotel chains but it offers exactly what the exhibitors need.

I have not been to the venue but I trust the organisers as the Wam show built a reputation of being the best hifi show around - for enthusiasts and by enthusiasts.

What you've failed to appreciate is that nobody cares that much about the aspects you've raised. This is a venue for a hifi show; it isn't a weekend away treat, or whatever. It just needs to be functional, well placed, have the basic facilities and be within the budget range for a show of this type. It isn't a professional show, in that sense. There are no big budgets, merely whatever resources the members, plus a few trade exhibitors, can muster up between them. Whether the wall paper needs replacing, carpets renewed, or whatever, is of no real consequence at all; the show is all about a bunch of enthusiasts putting a great deal of effort, at their own expense, to put on a show featuring real world home systems that visitors would just not be able to hear elsewhere. On top of that, it's a good laugh and a chance to talk (small round objects) over a couple of days.

I haven't failed to appreciate at all what goes on into running this advent at all.

All I said was how run down and grotty the place is, as others have also said on this thread.

The thread has not been deleted. So this statement is incorrect also.

I'm taking a system, Ergo IX on one end, LP12 on the other. Pile of records. Probably mostly singles. Looking forward to a day of playing my favourites.

IMG_1733.JPEG

Don't care if the hotel is characterful, it's all about the music.

Well I can no longer see it, or maybe it's all my content has been deleted?
Whatever I don't care really.

Hey - we all go to events for certain reasons or we don't go for other reasons. No right or wrong here.
To some people the grubby hotel might not matter - all about the music being the counter argument.
To others, being in an unclean or grubby place whether staying there or not, is too much of a stretch.
Either way - your own view is your own view. You only have to justify it to yourself. Go or don't. No-one else will care either way.
Personally, I couldn't be arsed taking my entire hi-fi system halfway across the UK + I vowed about 20 years ago never to visit a Britannia hotel, after a poor experience, not disimilar to the tripadvisor reviews.
But I hope all that do make the effort and go have a really good time!

As a recently paid up Wammer I find the 'new' forum a much more lively and welcoming place.

A pity but Stoke is just too far from my gaff,would love to attend one 'cos it sounds the real biz!.

Hope everyone has a real good time and look forward to show reports.

Okay I know I will regret this but here goes . As you seem to have never intended to attend and joined the Wam as a Newbie just to crap on and put down the venue could I ask why and what you hoped to achieve by that . A brief read of the issues and work done to get this organised would have made most realise that being destructive would not be welcomed . As my Mum used to say if you have nothing good to say then say nothing ,and yes I know this flouts that but sadly my Mum is no longer here to keep me in check .

Okay I know I will regret this but here goes . As you seem to have never intended to attend and joined the Wam as a Newbie just to crap on and put down the venue could I ask why and what you hoped to achieve by that . A brief read of the issues and work done to get this organised would have made most realise that being destructive would not be welcomed . As my Mum used to say if you have nothing good to say then say nothing ,and yes I know this flouts that but sadly my Mum is no longer here to keep me in check .

As I have said many times now, this has nothing to do with the show at all, it was all to do with the hotel and the state of it and the horrible reviews it has.
I was actually going to this last year until it got cancelled at the other venue, but this new venue is too far away and would mean an over night stay, but after looking at the pictures of the beds, rooms, and just general state of the place. No way would I want to sleep in there let alone pay to do so.

I just copied the link from here and posted it up on the wam site as I was very shocked to see the state of it and wasn't sure if they had seen how bad it was.

advertisement

Back