advertisement

The return of the Wam Show 2022

Well I wouldn’t holiday there, but the show was great, and if they show is hosted at the same hotel again, I’ll be there, I might even exhibit. It was absolutely fine as a venue for the show.
Sadly the hotel is longer available - for Home Office reasons

The hotel was chosen carefully for ease of transport and access. It isn't an easy job getting a hotel to give itself over to a hifi show that converts bedrooms to listening spaces and it remains, in my view, one of the highlights of the hifi calendar.
Tell me about it, I have <yet again> been on a long road trip talking to hotels, we start with eyes glazing over, then a semblance of understanding, reduction of fear
It take a few visits to get them on side!!

Seen some great places that we visited recently but either badly located, difficult to get to, or simply too large for us to risk financially.
But be assured there WILL be a 2023 show and make I take this opportunity to thank all who exhibited or visited. The atmosphere was easily as good as some of the best years of the wam at Scalford.

Sadly the hotel is longer available - for Home Office reasons

Tell me about it, I have <yet again> been on a long road trip talking to hotels, we start with eyes glazing over, then a semblance of understanding, reduction of fear
It take a few visits to get them on side!!

Seen some great places that we visited recently but either badly located, difficult to get to, or simply too large for us to risk financially.
But be assured there WILL be a 2023 show and make I take this opportunity to thank all who exhibited or visited. The atmosphere was easily as good as some of the best years of the wam at Scalford.
Sorry to hear that the Hotel is no longer available, it did work out great… slightly confusing layout but that’s all part of the fun!

PS, if you can find somewhere near Lichfield, that’d be great for me.:D
I would love to Exhibit but the sheer logistics of moving my main system strike fear into me, so I might actually show my second system (a basic Naim/Linn setup which absolutely belies its price/size, a real demonstration that the entry level stuff is better than it gets credit for).

Do it! Every system brings something different to the show, which is why it is so unique. It is testament to all exhibitors that the Audio Note guys (who were not salesmen) were absolutely blown away by the sounds in the exhibitors’ rooms, really and genuinely astonished. Darko was planning to investigate more!

advertisement

Back