advertisement

The return of the Wam Show 2022

Just as an update there is now a thread for those wanting to exhibit to at least put there names down . As per my update those already previously paid are getting preference and then those who paid but obtained a refund. After this it is first cone first served so if you want to have a room best to get your name on the list now.

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/announcement-to-potential-exhibitors.108063/

Just as an update there is now a thread for those wanting to exhibit to at least put there names down . As per my update those already previously paid are getting preference and then those who paid but obtained a refund. After this it is first cone first served so if you want to have a room best to get your name on the list now.

https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/announcement-to-potential-exhibitors.108063/
Why do you need to advertise this here? Thought the great big wam was so smug and self congratulatory it didn't need other forums to further its existence?

Why do you need to advertise this here? Thought the great big wam was so smug and self congratulatory it didn't need other forums to further its existence?

Why not ?
Have you had a bad time on " the smug wam " ? , A lot of forum members including myself do enjoy more than one hifi forum , I have demonstrated about 5 times at 2 locations and am down to do the same this year at venue 3 , 10.000 members of the public have previously visited these events, A lot of time and effort has gone into setting this up and I applaud the team for this effort.

Why not ?
Have you had a bad time on " the smug wam " ? , A lot of forum members including myself do enjoy more than one hifi forum , I have demonstrated about 5 times at 2 locations and am down to do the same this year at venue 3 , 10.000 members of the public have previously visited these events, A lot of time and effort has gone into setting this up and I applaud the team for this effort.
Feel free to go back to the ' wam ' with your smug mates... you can applaud each other.. this is such a better forum..it has reasonable moderation here...can you put your hand on the place where your heart once was..and say that? Seems I'm still a member there? How? Lol..believe it or not..you don't have to have had a bad time on a forum to have a opinion!

I have added this as I enjoy the Wam Show and it gives me a great weekend . After all the things everyone has been through I think there are others who might enjoy it , in your case i can see that i am wrong and for that I apologise .

The Wam has changed greatly over the last year with the previous CEO (Peter) leaving and having no further involvement in the forum . Much of what went on during his tenure was instigated and lead by him .

The new CEO and admin are doing things very differently and they are trying to cover the losses that have been incurred and not asking the members to cover this . Many of those banned and left the forum have now been reinstated and in some cases have joined the Admin Team .

The Wam show is now a very different thing and it has to pay its way and cover its cost and with a little bit of luck make a little profit that can be used to cover some costs of the next one due next March . However this is on a knife edge and if there are any significant losses for this show there is a strong chance it will be the last . I would not like to see that happen from the very selfish position of enjoying being at the show so much . So I want it to be a success and have posted here , Art of Sound and NVA Forum because I want as many to attend as possible . I have no connection with the Wam or its management I am just a member as I am here and on the other forums. I hope this has not broken any PF rules as this was not what I intended . As it seems to offend @caretaker I can only say sorry but I did make clear in the title what this was about and you always have the option to just ignore.

Feel free to go back to the ' wam ' with your smug mates... you can applaud each other.. this is such a better forum..it has reasonable moderation here...can you put your hand on the place where your heart once was..and say that? Seems I'm still a member there? How? Lol..believe it or not..you don't have to have had a bad time on a forum to have a opinion!

Blimey so much bitterness , Yes I agree, I have an opinion as well and have used it, Lots of friendly people on the Wam . How can you tell the smug Wam members ? please advise,

There's no need for this at all. People are entitled to belong to whichever forum they wish and many are in multiple forums.

The show is unique and is great for anyone interested in hifi, it doesn't have any political baggage at all for those who want to go and have a good day out.

I have added this as I enjoy the Wam Show and it gives me a great weekend . After all the things everyone has been through I think there are others who might enjoy it , in your case i can see that i am wrong and for that I apologise .

The Wam has changed greatly over the last year with the previous CEO (Peter) leaving and having no further involvement in the forum . Much of what went on during his tenure was instigated and lead by him .

The new CEO and admin are doing things very differently and they are trying to cover the losses that have been incurred and not asking the members to cover this . Many of those banned and left the forum have now been reinstated and in some cases have joined the Admin Team .

The Wam show is now a very different thing and it has to pay its way and cover its cost and with a little bit of luck make a little profit that can be used to cover some costs of the next one due next March . However this is on a knife edge and if there are any significant losses for this show there is a strong chance it will be the last . I would not like to see that happen from the very selfish position of enjoying being at the show so much . So I want it to be a success and have posted here , Art of Sound and NVA Forum because I want as many to attend as possible . I have no connection with the Wam or its management I am just a member as I am here and on the other forums. I hope this has not broken any PF rules as this was not what I intended . As it seems to offend @caretaker I can only say sorry but I did make clear in the title what this was about and you always have the option to just ignore.

Quite. This show should be of interest to all those interested in hifi, irrespective of individual forum 'colours'. It's an excellent way to hear real life systems and have a general chat and a laugh, It should be of particular interest to those who are just starting out on getting a decent system together, along with those who want to experience how different components work together (or not!). Many in the world of hi fi forums have very limited experience of just what's achievable, at all budget levels.

It's years since I went to a show (the very early days of Scalford) and I'm now not really able to exhibit. I will be on hols for this one, but I'll see if I can get to the March '23 one. All the exhibitors invest a great deal of time, effort and personal cost in to helping get this show up and running. It deserves support, imo.

@Tony L Thank you for your input I will take it from this that my post is not breaking any rules and that this thread is acceptable . I have tried when at all possible not to offend anyone on here and have been clear that this is my own personal view and post and has nothing to do with the Wam Admin or Management other my having asked if they were happy for me to post which they were . I have never found any issue with being a member across all of the forums as they each appeal and offer different things . I try to be helpful and polite on all of them and would hope that others can just do the same .

Blimey so much bitterness , Yes I agree, I have an opinion as well and have used it, Lots of friendly people on the Wam . How can you tell the smug Wam members ? please advise,
Oh it's easy..they make themselves known without realising it..no bitterness here..just a observation..you wammers don't like anyone disagreeing with you do you..and doesn't it show..

There's no need for this at all. People are entitled to belong to whichever forum they wish and many are in multiple forums.

The show is unique and is great for anyone interested in hifi, it doesn't have any political baggage at all for those who want to go and have a good day out.
So there is no need for my view? Sounds pretty typical wam in my opinion..of course people are allowed to go where and do what they wish..I find them advertising ( for want of a better expression) over here..a little annoying..surely the big wam doesn't need to...surely?

Well that is a very clever trick that I would very much like to learn I have never ever been relaxed and annoyed at the same time it might well help my blood pressure . As the Admin here has not removed or censured my post I will continue for those that might be thinking about attending .

I'm quite relaxed..just a little annoyed..no big deal..lol
Blimey.
What's the point of harbouring all that. Lots had a hard time of sorts when the Wam closed it's original doors, but time moves on. I found refuge here and love this place. Now the Wam is getting back to its feet and moving on I'm delighted. And the show is just better than a ripe stilton with proper vintage port.
See you there?
Hope so.

Blimey.
What's the point of harbouring all that. Lots had a hard time of sorts when the Wam closed it's original doors, but time moves on. I found refuge here and love this place. Now the Wam is getting back to its feet and moving on I'm delighted. And the show is just better than a ripe stilton with proper vintage port.
See you there?
Hope so.

All too easy to get swept along in the nonsense on occasion. The best antidote I know is to restore a little perspective by watching a bit (or better still, all) of Mackenzie Crook's masterpiece, 'Detectorists.'

Excellent news, looking forward to this. Happy to pay visitor charge upfront if it helps with cash flow

So, as someone who has never been to Scalford (but heard about it), nor frequented "the wam" .... can I ask a perhaps stupid question? Is it possible to just go along to this show as an ordinary joe soap and have a listen? Are there tickets, or do you just turn up? Do you have to be a member of hifi wigwam to attend?

So, as someone who has never been to Scalford (but heard about it), nor frequented "the wam" .... can I ask a perhaps stupid question? Is it possible to just go along to this show as an ordinary joe soap and have a listen? Are there tickets, or do you just turn up? Do you have to be a member of hifi wigwam to attend?

I deal with this earlier in this thread but yes there will be tickets on sale which you will be able to buy on line . As I mentioned at the start of this there will be limit on numbers for the show day and so far I have not seen what that will be . So there is a chance that no space will be available on the day and those who just turn up may be disappointed but I can not be sure so my advice would be if you really want to go buy your ticket in advance.

advertisement

Back