advertisement

The return of the Wam Show 2022

As I promised in case some on here do not frequent the Wam here is the show page with details for Visitors and Exhibitors . As you can see the tickets are being limited so there is a good chance that they may sell out before the day . My own view is this is a very low number for a whole day but no doubt the rules have said this is the maximum we can deal with safely in the current climate.

https://show.hifiwigwam.com/

Just a little addition to to this thread for those that are going to attend . There is going to be an organised Raffle and Auction at the show and currently the organisers are getting donations for both . Rules and how they will work will be shown soon but I think that only those attending can either bid or bu raffle tickets but watch the thread to see confirmation of this . A thread for both is already on the Wam site and all proceeds from both will given to a local hospice charity to support the Stoke area were the show is being held. If you have any donations for either the raffle or the auction get in touch with a Wammer you know who is going or one of the show Team as all additions would be welcome .

A number of us are also going to bring loads of the low price hifi tat that most os us have knocking about cables , psu etc and these will be sold in the rooms for a donation to the charity for anyone interested.

The Wam Show is unique with 40 people bringing their systems from the length and breadth of the UK, from the Isle of Mull to Cornwall, to the North Stafford Hotel, Stoke-on-Trent. They will set up their systems to show you the excellent sound quality that can be achieved in reasonable-sized rooms. These systems are built without allegiance to one company although many use components from one company. This is also a serious social event and it is the chance for audio enthusiasts to discuss all things audio.

Audionote will be at the Show and given the Show is unique they will be demonstrating something unique. They will be demonstrating a system that does not exist.

What?

Audionote will show audio equipment that is not a commercial product (yet). The audio equipment will show how Audionote develops new audio. The audio will be on open display and Darko Greguras (R&D Engineer) and Micky Seaton will explain what components are used and why they are used. They will also demonstrate the impact these changes have on the sound quality. As an example, their new CD transport uses a belt drive, why? They will explain and compare it to a current CD transport that uses a crystal-controlled drive system. Why does Audionote think a belt drive is better? Come along and hear if there is a difference and which you prefer.

There will be many other demonstrations of different designs and grades of components they use and their impact on audio quality.

More details to come.

Just a mention that at the Show this year there will be both a Charity Auction and Raffle and there are already some very nice items in both . All money raised will go to a local Stoke Hospice who offer end of life help to those in the area so short term money is always welcome . Please also note that to be involved in either to buy a ticket or make a bid then you have to attend the show there will be no absent bids allowed .

Would also ask if any of you have any items you would be happy to donate for either the raffle or the Auction but are not going to the show then contact me or a member of the Wam Team and we can arrange collection of items to be added to the prizes/items .

I just bought a ticket. I've been to two before, one at Scalford and one at Kegworth (might have been the first one there?..it was a bit snowy!) and it's an enjoyable day out.

Hotel looks absolutely disgusting, don't think I would even want to walk in that place, let alone stay.
As for taking my hifi gear to it, we'll that's an even bigger no

You appear to have an agenda, based on your postings on the other forum. Have you ever been to that hotel, seen the refurbishments, been to Scalford? Participated and brought kit along? Put any effort into one of these shows?

The hotel has had refurbishment work during covid, is centrally located, has big rooms, is happy with furniture being moved around, has excellent car parking & train links, and is very affordable.

No agenda as it looks more like you have an agenda trying to defend the place.
Just looked at the place and it was quite shocking
Plus you say it had refurbishment done during covid, well lots of the pics and reviews are this year.
I won't be attending so not a problem, but what participating or bring my kit along to that place or put any effort into one of these shows will effect the condition of the hotel I am not sure ?

I’m going, I’m not staying in the hotel, to be honest unless there’s cockroaches climbing the walls I don’t really care. This is a pretty solitary hobby, with a dwindling and aging base of participants. If people can be bothered to arrange and participate in a show like this I’ll support it whenever I can. I’ve paid for my ticket already.

Above all else, it’s a bloody good day out.

Cheers BB

Well after posting on the wam site the link for the hotel trip advisor and saying it look very run down and dirty etc, I got a bit of abuse lol, very childish really and now banned lol.
Being called a snob, don't want people like you there, etc, etc. Really well not much to say, was going to post this below but obviously can't now.

Wow, some of you lot have really shown your real colour's, very friendly, lol.

Just for reference I have given many years for free, my time etc in helping run one of the biggest car clubs in UK, running shows, sorting out shows, the list goes on, so yes I know 100% what it takes to put much bigger events on than this thanks.

I just post up, saying the hotel looks very run down, has very bad reviews and even the locals have given it worst hotel 5 years running.

As said already hope it all goes well

advertisement

Back