advertisement

The return of the Wam Show 2022

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer par excellence
After a long and difficult period with covid , Admin change and inner turmoil causing the postponement of previous shows there is now some good news .

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/threads/the-wam-show-01-02-10-2022-hotel-confirmed.107313/

Details can be read from the above announcement but this year it looks like the show will return and I am very hopeful that I will have a room to exhibit and will be assembling my three way active digital system for all to come and listen to and enjoy / hate / be bored by please pick your reaction of choice.

The new destination is Stoke on Trent and very close to the main train station so should be very easy for those who want to visit to get to and get home and have a drink if they want during the day . As noted it has been a very difficult couple of years and if this Show is to continue we need to not only cover the costs we also need to make a profit . There are only 40 rooms available for exhibiting and my guess is these will all be taken very quickly after the announcement that they can be booked . If you are interested then please keep a claos eye on the dates being given to register your interest and get your name in early and good luck .

On the other hand if you are not able to get a room then please put the date in your calender and turn up on the Sunday it is always a far more relaxed and friendly show than any Trade Show as the person playing the music has brought their own system and they will not only be happy to play your music if you bring it but tell you endless detail about what the set up is cables , foo and all .
Pass this on to anyone who you know loves music and hifi but does not perhaps read sites like this the more visitors we get the higher the chance of this being repeated .

Not any sort of official announcement just my 2 pennurth.
Ownership of the wam is now back to being on the most secure footing its been for several years.
Admin has been taken over by Danny (Duvet) who has worked with the owners previously.

Pet Food Pete no longer has ANY connection with the forum, show, nada, zilch.
Hence a number of wammers who walked or were forced out into the wilderness, have returned to the fold inc myself.

The Mod Team have worked hard, in these uncertain times, to organise a show that will reflect the spirit of how the Scalford Show used to be in "the good old days"
Even if we've all slowed down a bit since then.

Think I can say on their behalf that it promises to be one hell of a terrific weekend.

Encouraging news about both the Wam and the resurrection of the show; getting further away (from me) though. The Potteries is a good place to fire up the hifi though.

So Saturday is for the Wam crowd, whilst Sunday is for us lesser mortals? I will more than likely go, but the North West Audio Show is also worth considering and has a non-trade vibe in my experience.

So Saturday is for the Wam crowd, whilst Sunday is for us lesser mortals? I will more than likely go, but the North West Audio Show is also worth considering and has a non-trade vibe in my experience.

Saturday is for set up so no exclusivity there . Gives the exhibitors a chance to meet up in a relaxed atmosphere for few beers and some grub .

Saturday is for set up so no exclusivity there . Gives the exhibitors a chance to meet up in a relaxed atmosphere for few beers and some grub .
Thanks for clarifying - may opt for Saturday and perhaps meet some old faces!

If like me you are doing a room on your own the Saturday is a good send. If you arrive early and set up then from early evening you can let anyone around hear your system . Then you can close it down and wander around and listen to all the other systems which you never get to hear on the Sunday . No idea what it will be like it how the new venue will stack up , but it will be great to meet friends old and new and have. A couple of pints and a chat.

Saturday is to give the exhibitors time to set up ready for all visitors of all varieties on Sunday.

There's no need to choose between these shows - they're both the best of their type in the UK and lots of months in between to build up your brownie points back home :)

Saturday is to give the exhibitors time to set up ready for all visitors of all varieties on Sunday.

There's no need to choose between these shows - they're both the best of their type in the UK and lots of months in between to build up your brownie points back home :)

Yes, more than happy to go to both - quite like the idea of the Wam show being held in the centre of a city as it might entice the wife to travel with me!

Never been to this but like the sound of it and very interested in DIRAC/MiniDSP so will look to come along. Thanks for posting.

I did about 4 Scalford then one Kegworth pre covid that cocked it up for 2 years ,
Need to see how the Stoke this year pans out

Okay as promised this is an Up Date of this news . The Venue and the Date have now been confirmed and a large deposit paid so unless another strike of Covid comes then this is a definite. The cost for staying the weekend and prices for meals etc have also been confirmed . There are only 40 rooms that are available to show and these will be allocated firstly to those who paid for the 2019 Show and left their money with The Wam . Once they are allocated and confirmed then rooms will be offered to those that booked for the 2019 show but either had not paid or have had a refund. Once those are all dealt with if there is any rooms left they will be offered on a first come first served basis till all the rooms are taken .

As per the old format the show will only be open to visitors on the Sunday and in due course tickets will go on sale . Because of current restrictions (which may change) there is a limited number of tickets that can be sold after that it will be cancellations only . There will be a discount for buying in advance and no discount for paying on the day . Anyone who is close to the venue will be welcome to visit on the Saturday afternoon / night and either help out installing systems or just hanging out and listening . It would be appreciated that if you do come along that you book for the meal being offered and this needs to be booked as this will give some profit back to the hotel which may well help to get the event held again next year. There are two bars and haing a drink both Saturday and Sunday again is a help .

I hope this is enough information for anyone if you want other details then take a look at the threads on The Wam .

advertisement

Back