advertisement

tannoy legacy series

What about the tannoy bark? Never got used to my SGMs because of it and difficult to find the active filter that is supposed to be a remedy.

Heard the ardens today at a wonderful dealer, Audio by Mark Jones here just outside Toronto.

What a fabulous speaker. It's basically like buying a heavily discounted and sleeker pair of Canterburys.

All the trademark Tannoy qualities were there. But behind that they were refined and upper class. More detail than I had expected, smooth delivery and a very fair tonal balance. I didn't hear much "colouration", although I think colour is often invited fwiw.

I think they're actually excellent value. Fit and finish were better than expected.

Heartily recommended.

No hells no. I don't have a spare $8k. I also don't have a spare 60" in my room. But I wanted to know how they sound and I would say they were....on par with my expecations in some regards and exceeded them on others.

It appears the Legacy and Prestige RRPs have increased in 2020.
The Legacy Arden now has an RRP of >£8k.
The Prestige Canterbury and Westminster are now >£31k and >£52k!, up from >£22k and >£33k, respectively.... B.O.N.K.E.R.S.!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Quite logical, the people that can afford them increase their income all the time.
erm...that's not how things should work tho is it?
It may be logical to some to advertise your greed for profit and sod the poorer man, but it's not really an admirable strategy IMO.

Brexit tax?! Maybe aggressively hedging a predicted depreciating local currency, increased imported materials costs and inflation. Most Tannoy Prestige or Legacy sales will be to the far east so I suspect a lot will be down to how they predict Yen etc will translate to £. Even so it is still a heck of an increase, it will be interesting to see if they keep the sales.

PS Given they are now owned by Music Group (Behringer etc) it wouldn’t surprise me if all production didn’t end up in China at some point. I hope I’m wrong on that one.

No hells no.

the last time I heard that expression was from the man on the far right,

VdHpMvZ.jpg

advertisement

Back