advertisement

System pics 2024

Just received my new integrated amp: the Belles Soloist 1 (right of the Vincent, behind the speaker) and although I am completely into the Vincent SV-237MK / Roksan Darius MkIV magical combination (*), I couldn’t resist to set-up the Thiel CS.5 (with Van Damme LC-OFC 4mm speaker cable) and have a listen…

First impressions? What a incredible pairing this is! Super transparent and smooth… huge soundstage and very robust sense of presence from instruments and voices.
For example: I can hear some meat-on-the-bones in presentation of Lightning Hopkins’s Soul Blues (1964, Prestige, OBC), very spacious, airy and detailed sound combined with a liquid smoothness… this makes an old recording like this truly shine.

When I remove the Roksan’s, I will certainly dedicate my time to the Belles and the Thiel, but also will the the Totem Model 1 because I suspect that that pair will show tremendous synergy.
Then, I will probably add the Naim CD5x / FC2x to the party as I suspect it will work very well also.

(*) I been using this system for a little more than couple of months, and I am having too much fun, especially with the Denafrips Pontus II and Audiolab 9000CDT, and the Rega Saturn CD player.
I will maintain this combination until the mighty Sonic Frontiers SFD-2 MkII comes from the restoration shop.

One last major change in the system: the complete analogue front end is now boxed and for sale! Hurray :)

[IMG]

Wish I had a loft system. Come to think of it i wish I had a loft.
Built it for my two boys and they never used it. So has become a getaway for myself and an excuse to locate a 2nd system. Anyway our house is for sale as wife has found a house she wants to move to, and unfortunately one that does afford me this luxury anymore.

Soon my lovely listening room will be no more - we need another bedroom so the main system will move up to the living room. To lessen the pain I have a Vitsoe shelving system arriving next week to house all the records, but I will still really miss having a dedicated listening space.

PXL_20240229_155202631 by Phil Brown, on Flickr

Please post pics in due course - I love a bit of Vitsoe...

53568448315_f07cc3a779_c.jpg

Its not the neat, pretty spaces that attract me in this thread. Its the characterful, lived in ones. I'm especially delighted to see a nice vinyl collection to root through and perhaps nick the odd one.......🥸
Nick one…you die!

Yes, very attractive, inviting living space there, @ks.234 . You can tell you're a creative soul. Next time you're in London come round and give me some interior design advice in return for a glass or two of wine.

Yes, very attractive, inviting living space there, @ks.234 . You can tell you're a creative soul. Next time you're in London come round and give me some interior design advice in return for a glass or two of wine.
That is very kind. Thank you.

The view from a bit further back…

53569942289_e3a2b80038_z.jpg

…how lucky am I?

advertisement

Back