advertisement

System pics 2024

naka

pfm Member
This is how I will start 2024:

IMG-0318.jpg

A couple of hours ago I have finished setting one of my favorite system combinations: Vincent SV-237MK / Musical Fidelity AMS CD / Roksan Darius MkIV, and once again I my jaw dropped with the sound quality presented by these vintage speakers.
They are very transparent, detailed and tridimensional.
The uncommon combination of this large stand mount sealed box (equipped with a good size mid woofer, suspended treble, external crossover and tinned cooper cables) with the powerful Vincent hybrid integrated is magical. In fact the Vincent elevated the performance relatively to my previous amplifiers. The Darius are very demanding of quality current - also 84db and can drop to 2ohm!
The speakers strange positioning was recommended by Mr. Touraj Moghaddam, Roksan’s founder and designer.
I admit to be a hard task but when completed, I was presented with the most natural, powerful and non-fatiguing sound… with also the added ability to play very well at amazing levels and completely revamp old recordings.

Just listening to some Maria Callas recordings, all smiles and goosebumps:)

This is how I will start 2024:

IMG-0318.jpg

A couple of hours ago I have finished setting one of my favorite system combinations: Vincent SV-237MK / Musical Fidelity AMS CD / Roksan Darius MkIV, and once again I my jaw dropped with the sound quality presented by these vintage speakers.
They are very transparent, detailed and tridimensional.
The uncommon combination of this large stand mount sealed box (equipped with a good size mid woofer, suspended treble, external crossover and tinned cooper cables) with the powerful Vincent hybrid integrated is magical. In fact the Vincent elevated the performance relatively to my previous amplifiers. The Darius are very demanding of quality current - also 84db and can drop to 2ohm!
The speakers strange positioning was recommended by Mr. Touraj Moghaddam, Roksan’s founder and designer.
I admit to be a hard task but when completed, I was presented with the most natural, powerful and non-fatiguing sound… with also the added ability to play very well at amazing levels and completely revamp old recordings.

Just listening to some Maria Callas recordings, all smiles and goosebumps:)
Wonderful! I always wanted a pair of Darius..... Especially if I could have a pair of the original 'cage' stands too. Very hardcore!

Thank you. I’m pleased with it. My IFi Zen is hiding behind the Arcade Fire LP. How do I make it bigger? I always use the Postimages thumbnail for forums.

Please excuse the dust and clutter.

Lenco GL75 > Croft Phono Integrated > Altec 9842. Plus some other stuff.

V1n6nGe.jpg

Lovely minimalist, music-focused system. Your tastes in both music and hi-fi gear definitely align with mine (Sun Ra is one of my favourite jazz artists).

Have you tried any valve amps with those Altecs?

advertisement

Back