advertisement

System pics 2024

Yesterday I added a MastersounD Compact 845 to the main rig inplace of the IA ST40.
At 35kg it's Compact in name only, and it sounds bloody gorgeous.

nN55RBY.jpeg

Last edited:
Yesterday I added a MastersounD Compact 845 to the main rig inplace of the IA ST40.
At 35kg it's Compact in name only, and it's sounds bloody gorgeous.

nN55RBY.jpeg
A beast of an amp that is! Make sure you leave plenty of ventillation above it because it idles at around 290W. I had the privilege of living with one through a Scottish winter and it kept my room nice and toasty, so much so that I had to turn the central heating down! :)

I’m sure you’ll do a fantastic job of sorting them out, and they look very attractive compared with some more recent McIntosh offerings.

Added a Luxman PD-171 to the fold this week,
Is that a PU7 on what looks like a Michell? That's a nice collection and I can see the attraction but how on Earth do you choose which to spin a few discs on? I think it's interesting how many different angles hifi aficionados come from. The 'collector' angle for variation and difference interest and the 'one of each ' angle to just get the job done simply. Just a philosophic thought, seeing your impressive array of functioning turntables. :)

Is that a PU7 on what looks like a Michell? That's a nice collection and I can see the attraction but how on Earth do you choose which to spin a few discs on? I think it's interesting how many different angles hifi aficionados come from. The 'collector' angle for variation and difference interest and the 'one of each ' angle to just get the job done simply. Just a philosophic thought, seeing your impressive array of functioning turntables. :)
I bought the Gyro SE new in 2003 from an Aberdeen shop, with the original Technoarm and HR PSU. Mrs AA bought the base and cover a few years ago as an Xmas pressie. Had a few arms over the last 20 years including a SME V, wasn’t that taken with it so decided to sell the V and try something different. Read a few reviews and a couple years ago had the Gyro serviced and the PU7/XX2Mk2 fitted, along with a P75Mk4 it was a great change for the better.

Generally the 1200G is my goto due to ease of use, it has a Cadenza Bronze on it, edges out the XX2 in the top/mid and soundstage but loses out just a wee bit at the bottom end.

Added a Luxman PD-171 to the fold this week, looks wise it’s nicely matched to my existing Lux Phono and Amp. Arm and Cart to be decided, currently intend to set it up with a Jelco 750 and AT 33PTG.

DROOL !

I adore the look of this Luxman tt.

Can’t wait to hear what you think of it Gus.

I don’t know those speakers but if you change the first letter from D to L they could look highly personalised.

( unless my tablet screen is akin to one of those misheard lyrics scenarios).

I can’t believe your ML haven’t sold yet by the way, a sign of the market I guess.

advertisement

Back