advertisement

System pics 2024

There's a kitchen shop in London, Sola on Wignore Street, where they've got the tree growing through the dining table

Wigmore-Street-30.jpg
Just needs a nice rug to tie the room together

PF001.jpg

PF002.jpg

PF003.jpg

PF004.jpg

My current system and room.
Trio Kenwood L-07D DD Turntable with its own arm and the addition of an SME V arm.
Cartridges Ortofon Cadenza Mono in Trio's own arm and Ortofon Cadenza Bronze in SME V arm
Music First TX 103 SUT for the used for the mono cartridge
Preamp: Burmester 808 with 4 input modules and 2 output modules
CD player and DA converter.: Musical Fidelity KW DM CD player and DAC
Speakers: Dutch & Dutch 8c Active DSP.
Headphones Sony 1000XML5 for streaming Amazon HD only
Listening end: with more Vinyl and CD storage

As vinyl is my preferred source by far I would like to add another TT , probably vintage, but realistically no room and SWMBO would rightly object as thi room is our main living room.

aOON3yW.jpeg
Duke Ellington, Billy Strayhorn and Johnny Hodges session this morning. I’ve wired in my external mono switch between the Sculpture A SUT and Croft 25R phono-preamp. Would be nice to have a mono switch on the Croft or SUT but this’ll do. It makes such a difference with mono LPs. Have thought about getting the Croft modified so that it has two inputs to the phono stage with one hard-wired for mono. Then I’d use a second turntable for dedicated mono playback.
What a great way to spend time! What amplifiers are you using ?

Need me to speak to her? I'll show her photos of my Magneplanars in the lounge and she will come to realise how fortunate she is. :)
I bottled it (for now at least) and have gone with a dinky pair of Rega R1's which have gained the nod from SWMBO as they're also quite pretty. They'll likely stay while the WiiM amp remains in use in that room, although I do have a spare subwoofer that'll be getting added.

The WiiM amp and the Rega's sound pretty good together though - certainly good enough for a casual use system like that one.

Finally got around to fitting the Hadcock in the 2nd arm position, the whole deck is a significant step up from anything else I've owned previously, comically so.

Will keep the Notts arm for playing around with some MMs

It's a great combination IME

It's a great combination IME

I'm not partial to hyperbole and upgrades have to be a significant step up to raise anything more than a "meh" from me, but the Hyperspace is far and away the best vinyl replay I've heard in my system in so many different ways.

As an aside, having never owned a deck with a second arm it turns out I much prefer using and cueing the arm from the back, added bonus!

advertisement

Back