advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
t0JrIGs.jpg

NYM8ZD5.jpg

Sony TTS-8000 turntable in an Acoustand plinth built to my own design, SME V-12, Phasemation PP-500, Aurorasound Vida, Luxman LX-380, Lockwood cabs with 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds and RFC external crossovers.

I've edited to add a couple of pics of the room which I've furnished in mid century style to go with the hifi. Nearly finished. Just the carpet to change although the rugs will be staying.

lroAs2K.jpg

3Lkq7lH.jpg

Nice system and love that sofa style

Indeed it is. It's lovely being able to listen to music and not have the view dominated by a big black rectangle.

Excellent job, very tidy. I quite fancy one myself, looks much better than having a TV be a focal point either centrally between the speakers or in the corner.
I can't see any wires , was it difficult to install?

I can't see any wires , was it difficult to install?

I used a pro to do the install as diy is not my forte. The Samsung is very clever because there is a separate box for connecting all your devices and just one thin wire that goes behind the wall to the screen. The other good thing about the Samsung is that it is supplied with a no gap wall mount so it sits completely flush to the wall. See pic. I believe for the 2021 model year they have made the frame significantly thinner.

xXZLaMU.jpg

t0JrIGs.jpg

NYM8ZD5.jpg

Sony TTS-8000 turntable in an Acoustand plinth built to my own design, SME V-12, Phasemation PP-500, Aurorasound Vida, Luxman LX-380, Lockwood cabs with 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds and RFC external crossovers.

I've edited to add a couple of pics of the room which I've furnished in mid century style to go with the hifi. Nearly finished. Just the carpet to change although the rugs will be staying.

lroAs2K.jpg

3Lkq7lH.jpg

Sssssh, don't mention rugs, luckily I think we got away with it that time
Lovely looking system and room, I'm sure you must be very proud of it :cool:

The Samsung is very clever because there is a separate box for connecting all your devices and just one thin wire that goes behind the wall to the screen.
It's a hugely convenient thing, and I often wonder why other manufacturer's don't do this. We've got a similar Samsung, not the Frame but another of the QLED ones, and it has the same concept, which is very handy for a neat install. We'd hoped that the Samsung frame capabilities would be present in our QLED - the advertising at the time implied this - but the software is different and quite limited, compared to the Frame. Same idea, same 'almost a digital picture' look, but extremely limited in what you can actually display :/. Don't regret getting the (at the time) top-of-line QLED they offered, but do wish they'd come good on their promise of Frame capabilities for it too.

Lovely room, I like it a lot - a kind of 'period' version of my system in a way :)

Presumably not OLED due to burn in issues?

Does it use much power in picture mode?

Looks great BTW.

Thanks. As others have said its QLED. I've no idea about the power consumption I'm afraid.

Lovely looking system and room, I'm sure you must be very proud of it

Thanks. I'm genuinely thrilled with how the room design came together and especially with how my system sounds. That said, I'm not sure I'd describe myself as proud because I'm acutely aware of how lucky I've been to be in this position.

Lovely room, I like it a lot - a kind of 'period' version of my system in a way :)

Thank you. Our systems do have much in common and I'd be surprised if they didn't sound pretty similar. My system may look period but don't let appearances fool you. There's nothing old fashioned about the sound.

I believe the big Japanese direct drives have not been surpassed in the intervening years and with the SME arm it provides a very stable neutral platform for the cartridge to do its work. While the Vida and Luxman amps may look old-fashioned both are thoroughly modern designs. In fact, the Luxman sports the same Lecua tech that's in your amp and I believe that is a key factor in the purity of the Luxman sound. Finally, the Lockwoods are studio monitors. They may be old but they remain capable of revealing everything going on upstream, especially so with the RFC crossovers.

Hermit, that's a very cool setup and space. I love mid century furniture too. Still kicking myself for not acquiring a pair of Kjaerholm PK22 chairs years ago when they were reasonably priced because I reckoned they were too expensive then!

Aren't you going to complete the look by getting some mid-century style rugs?;)

You don't have to make any excuses for that Luxman. It's a great amp, and I think it looks great too!. I bet it goes loud with those efficient Tannoys

Hermit, that's a very cool setup and space. I love mid century furniture too. Still kicking myself for not acquiring a pair of Kjaerholm PK22 chairs years ago when they were reasonably priced because I reckoned they were too expensive then!

Aren't you going to complete the look by getting some mid-century style rugs?;)

Thanks Hockman. That's a shame about the PK22 chairs. They're certainly a major investment these days.

I'm not sure about mid century rugs. I'd have to see something that grabbed me as I really like the rugs I have. They're pretty timeless. In the meantime, I've loathed the pink carpet for years and I'd like to replace that soon but I've other worries; some of the double glazing panes in the flat have blown as has the door seal on my fridge but I can't find a replacement seal for it so a new fridge is on the cards. Decisions, decisions.

While there are indeed many nice setups here, very often rooms with hifi gear look like some sort of man cave (in a bad decor sorta way), rather than an inviting space for normal family use.
My Hifi is in a separate room, family rarely come in & that’s how I like it. Communal areas in out house have a smart speaker. Easy.

I used a pro to do the install as diy is not my forte. The Samsung is very clever because there is a separate box for connecting all your devices and just one thin wire that goes behind the wall to the screen. The other good thing about the Samsung is that it is supplied with a no gap wall mount so it sits completely flush to the wall. See pic. I believe for the 2021 model year they have made the frame significantly thinner.

xXZLaMU.jpg
That blows my mind that the audio, video and power all run through that thin 2mm cable!

While there are indeed many nice setups here, very often rooms with hifi gear look like some sort of man cave (in a bad decor sorta way), rather than an inviting space for normal family use.
You an interior design expert then Hocky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back