advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminded me of earlier in the week when I told the 12 yr old it was time for bed. He looked at the clock, and said '2 minutes yet'. I was explaining parallax error, and why 'old fashioned' meters had a mirror behind the needle, but it was a bit lost on the digital only generation....

But at least he got to stay up until 25 past...

It's definitely 'richer' than my Ortofon Cadenza Blue, without the sharply-edged clarity; but it's enjoyable nonetheless.

I've often eyed up a Cadenza Blue, but they're a at the very very top of what I'm willing to spend on a cart so it isn't something I've been willing to gamble on just yet.

I've often eyed up a Cadenza Blue, but they're a at the very very top of what I'm willing to spend on a cart so it isn't something I've been willing to gamble on just yet.

Hi Matt

I'd be looking at this one as an alternative:

https://www.audioaffair.co.uk/ortof..._yuaSRYJHj5ZFbqRdm2HMHQ1e0bo968hoCS8QQAvD_BwE

I'd have gone for this, but it's far too much for a 'fill-in' cartridge. I've heard one and I thought is was wonderful: a bargain compared to some carts out there. I ended up paying £180 for the Bronze (with 100 hours on it), which was ideal.

The Quintet range is a bit overlooked I think. Maybe because the carts look a bit cheap (imo at least), but having had a Rondo, Cadenza and Kontrapunkt over the years I was really very surprised by the Quintet Blue I have on my second deck. Fabulous cartridge for the money, but there's definitely a sweet spot that must be found with careful setup and adjustment.

49837291282_51e5f8d68b_b.jpg

Every system needs at least one Avo!

PS Perspective distortion brought to you be iPad Pro wide-angle lens!
That fireplace is amazing!

49837291282_51e5f8d68b_b.jpg

Every system needs at least one Avo!

PS Perspective distortion brought to you be iPad Pro wide-angle lens!
So this might be of interest. We saved these shelves when my mum moved out here and have reinstated the record dividers that my dad put in when they went up in 1970.... Just some 3/4" dowel to stop the records falling over... You could do something similar to stop the toppling over.
Empty...
Untitled by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

Filled...
Untitled by Jonathan Roberts, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back