advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copland CD player ,CDA288 is being repaired (new laser) and I am saving up for a new streamer, but this is where I am as of today. Trying to decide if I prefer the Deanfrips or the Chord DAC. Will wait for the CD player parts to arrive before I make a decision. I am not sure the basic streamer is quite good enough for that.

IMG-20210315-102734.jpg
IMG-20210315-102715.jpg

Copland CD player ,CDA288 is being repaired (new laser) and I am saving up for a new streamer, but this is where I am as of today. Trying to decide if I prefer the Deanfrips or the Chord DAC. Will wait for the CD player parts to arrive before I make a decision. I am not sure the basic streamer is quite good enough for that.

IMG-20210315-102734.jpg
IMG-20210315-102715.jpg
I would be interested to learn of your impression of how those two DACS compare, after you have made your decision regarding which one of them it is that you prefer.

I would be interested to learn of your impression of how those two DACS compare, after you have made your decision regarding which one of them it is that you prefer.
No problem. My early thoughts using just the streamer are that the chord is more attacking with the slight edge on detail, bass weight and stage depth. The Denafrips is certainly smoother, meatier and a little better with stage height.

also very interested in which one you like best , are you up-sampeling with the Denafrips
Hi.
No I haven't tried the upsampling as of yet. I wont go into it to much until I get my cd player sorted. That little Auralic streamer sounds good to my ears with Qubuz but my Copland is more known to me so I can make a better judgement.

t0JrIGs.jpg

NYM8ZD5.jpg

Sony TTS-8000 turntable in an Acoustand plinth built to my own design, SME V-12, Phasemation PP-500, Aurorasound Vida, Luxman LX-380, Lockwood cabs with 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds and RFC external crossovers.

I've edited to add a couple of pics of the room which I've furnished in mid century style to go with the hifi. Nearly finished. Just the carpet to change although the rugs will be staying.

lroAs2K.jpg

3Lkq7lH.jpg

@hermit Now that is a system l would love to hear- looks super cool too.

Edit; The room looks stunning as well.:)

Sounds stunning too!

Roll on the end of lockdown Paul, I look forward to catching up.

Jim

Meticulous retro effort ... must be like entering a room where time stood still.

Thanks. That was the intention :)

is that a Frame TV above the sideboard?

Indeed it is. It's lovely being able to listen to music and not have the view dominated by a big black rectangle.

Roll on the end of lockdown Paul, I look forward to catching up.

Indeed Jim. It's been a long hard year. It'll be great to see you when it's finally over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back