advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannoy Turnberry SE, Linn Exotik with Dynamik, Cocktail Audio X100 Pro, Sony CDP XB940E QS, Gustard X20U, Gustard H10, Gustard U12, Parasound Halo A21, Linn LP12/Ittok/ AT33PTG

Hi Mick, could you please say a few words about the Gustard kit and what led you to buy a few pieces of it?

Hi Darren, I bought the X20 DAC first, about 4 years ago, at the time it was getting some pretty good reviews and an opportunity arose locally, to pick it up secondhand. It is a great bit of kit, and replaced an MDAC. I added the U12, just to give some isolation for the USB, and I actually connect from the U12 to the DAC using IIS, which I think gives the best sound. The H10 is a powerful headphone amp, which will drive just about any phones and also got some pretty decent reviews, deservedly in my opinion. All the Gustard kit is very well made Chi-Fi.
The system works very well, heaps of power and control.

Trying out my new KEF LS50 this evening. Straight away there’s less sparkle and air than the Falcons but they still have high resolution. Have to say, they already sound like a bargain:

RxQRznh.jpg

Thanks Ponty, it's a Soundstyle, I have a tall one also, but it's not in use at the moment. TV is a Panasonic Viera plasma, 50 inch, bought in Singapore in 2007 and still going strong.

Trying out my new KEF LS50 this evening. Straight away there’s less sparkle and air than the Falcons but they still have high resolution. Have to say, they already sound like a bargain:

I hope you do not mind me saying but I do not think they look as nice as your Falcons. I've been looking them up since I saw you posted them on here.

Don't hold back - show us! We want to see all.

I'm an Interior Designer, so I WILL be critical ;)

I'll do my best. I've been struggling since I moved here in November and all the half sorted boxes is getting to me. Plus, no rugs yet.

Please don't think me odd but I have not thought an interior designer would have a love of hi-fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back