advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't let the lack of IBIS put you off. For the price they are available for at the moment - it's a great camera.

Lefty
And most of the lenses have it. However, the 27 2.8 doesn't...
Mine - 27 2.8 sent today (ebay), camera body arrived yesterday, but haven't really had a chance to do much with it yet, beyond set it up some. Been another terrible storm here all day, and set to go on tomorrow. Without power most of the afternoon.
Another from the last storm a few days ago. Was almost certainly like that today too, but don't know because I just battened down the hatches and stayed in.

Blow-Up
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Really like this, Amar - very 'Sean Tucker' if it had been a mono. :)

First I thought of was Sean Tucker as well, just the human replaced with a scooter!! He has been doing a lot more colour work recently

Thanks chaps! I must admit to being more than a bit inspired by his work when making these images. Whilst they have no way near the polish of his efforts, I have to say it has been a breath of fresh air to try something different and take some risks (photographically speaking). Landscapes are my 'safe place' so these are very much outisde of my comfort zone. I normally struggle during the warmer months so I am trying to branch out in an effort to keep photographically motivated and productive over spring / summer.

Lefty

And most of the lenses have it. However, the 27 2.8 doesn't...
Mine - 27 2.8 sent today (ebay), camera body arrived yesterday, but haven't really had a chance to do much with it yet, beyond set it up some. Been another terrible storm here all day, and set to go on tomorrow. Without power most of the afternoon.
Another from the last storm a few days ago. Was almost certainly like that today too, but don't know because I just battened down the hatches and stayed in.

Blow-Up
by Mr ff1d1l, on Flickr

Ah excellent - you'll be using it with the 27/2.8 as well?

They make a wonderful combination. Well balanced, light and capable.

Must admit, I wouldn't mind a 50/2 in the bag....

Lefty

Ah excellent - you'll be using it with the 27/2.8 as well?

They make a wonderful combination. Well balanced, light and capable.

Must admit, I wouldn't mind a 50/2 in the bag....

Lefty
I'm thinking, like you I think Amar, something I can hoik around in a pocket, or keep in the glove compartment of the car even, small, light and high quality. The camera seems a lovely thing, and ergonomically much preferable to the X t30 I had for a while, and seems - on initial impressions - to be just as capable.

Thanks chaps! I must admit to being more than a bit inspired by his work when making these images. Whilst they have no way near the polish of his efforts, I have to say it has been a breath of fresh air to try something different and take some risks (photographically speaking). Landscapes are my 'safe place' so these are very much outisde of my comfort zone. I normally struggle during the warmer months so I am trying to branch out in an effort to keep photographically motivated and productive over spring / summer.

Lefty

Sean Tucker is an interesting guy, I think (my opinion) his approach and philosophy are probably more interesting than his photo output (not that his output is bad - it’s just not my bag). I spent a couple of hours in a pub (remember them??) a few years back - good interesting conversation

I reckon I might have spent the last 10 years chasing rainbows.......

This is at ISO640 from the original X100 (image taken in 2013 at the Piaggio Museum in Pontedera), I can't believe how sharp and clean it is

Vespa Alpha
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

This is the raw file and here are the Adobe adjustments I applied - oh dear back to the drawing board - can't believe how good the colours are from this sensor

9zlCs8fh.jpg

Just edited these from 2013 as I've put together a photobook of a holiday in Italy - yes its taken me that long.....Both taken at the Lamborghini Museum in Sant'Agata on my trusty X100

Got to love 'sudden' Lamborghini colours!

Lamborghini Muira SV

Lamborghini Countach

Nice love a lambo the colors are wild!

We had booked a nice apartment in Bologna last year and had planned to visit the Lambo factory, obviously that never materialised - hoping when everything settles down we will go and visit. I live in a village about 35 mins from Blenheim Palace once a year they hold a supercar meet run by Salon Prive.

It's a really good day out there is a range of fabulous supercars and many lambos new and old. Its normally held around September time, we used Tesco Vouchers to get in so it was easy on the wallet although that may have changed now. Might be worth investigating if cars are your thing, maybe Salon Prive have meets in other parts of the country as well..

Just edited these from 2013 as I've put together a photobook of a holiday in Italy - yes its taken me that long.....Both taken at the Lamborghini Museum in Sant'Agata on my trusty X100

Got to love 'sudden' Lamborghini colours!

Lamborghini Muira SV

Lamborghini Countach

When I had a guided tour of the factory in 1982, they didn't have a museum. Seemed strange parking a TVR Tasmin convertible outside, next to a Countach.

They had the 4x4 in R&D then and the then owner, pre Audi, said it was OK to take photos as nobody could possibly copy what they did!

Sean Tucker is an interesting guy, I think (my opinion) his approach and philosophy are probably more interesting than his photo output (not that his output is bad - it’s just not my bag). I spent a couple of hours in a pub (remember them??) a few years back - good interesting conversation

I quite like his stuff. Whilst there are others who are better at street photography (see below for some images from Craig Whitehead - sixstreetunder), I still like his images.

50975056508_7eeb592e37_b.jpg

I reckon I might have spent the last 10 years chasing rainbows.......

This is at ISO640 from the original X100 (image taken in 2013 at the Piaggio Museum in Pontedera), I can't believe how sharp and clean it is

Vespa Alpha

This is the raw file and here are the Adobe adjustments I applied - oh dear back to the drawing board - can't believe how good the colours are from this sensor

9zlCs8fh.jpg

I've always wondered what would have happened if Fuji had stuck with Bayer sensors rather than going XTrans. I've always liked Fuji despite their use of XTrans, not because of it. I think it has hindered them as the images are prone to the famous 'worming'. After all, Bayer sensors are good enough for GFX, so why aren't they good enough for their APS-C cameras?

Lefty

I've always wondered what would have happened if Fuji had stuck with Bayer sensors rather than going XTrans. I've always liked Fuji despite their use of XTrans, not because of it. I think it has hindered them as the images are prone to the famous 'worming'. After all, Bayer sensors are good enough for GFX, so why aren't they good enough for their APS-C cameras?

Lefty

If the market could stomach the price hike for making a MF sensor with an X-Trans array, then Fujifilm would do it, but it in low volume it would cost a lot to have a 'special' batch of sensors made, so I suspect that is why they are staying with the Bayer sensors, as they are off the shelf and shared with others (Pentax/Hasselblad).

You can buy non-Xtrans versions of some of their cameras, with the correct processing, worming is definitely something from the past, and something that never bothered me particularly, but it often appeared to be a 'once seen never unseen' scenario for some users. A lot of people rave about the first X-Trans sensor in X-Pro1

The shadow recovery on the later X-Trans sensors is superb (and the sensors have better DR), and that was thing very noticable yesterday when I processed about 40 RAW images from 2013 (all original X100), there is very little shadow recovery on the X100 files, but reasonable highlight recovery.

I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to use my original X100 this year.

Nice love a lambo the colors are wild!

We had booked a nice apartment in Bologna last year and had planned to visit the Lambo factory, obviously that never materialised - hoping when everything settles down we will go and visit. I live in a village about 35 mins from Blenheim Palace once a year they hold a supercar meet run by Salon Prive.

It's a really good day out there is a range of fabulous supercars and many lambos new and old. Its normally held around September time, we used Tesco Vouchers to get in so it was easy on the wallet although that may have changed now. Might be worth investigating if cars are your thing, maybe Salon Prive have meets in other parts of the country as well..

Here is a sample I was babbling on about, I wish one of the yellows was red or blue or.. - also testing flickr private setting:) Just realised I have quoted my own post! Wonder if I will get an alert? The answer is...................................NO
Lambo by idomy best, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back