advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GFX is stunning.

Two statements:

The Nikon Z7 sensor comprehensively outperforms the Fuji APS-C X-Trans sensors.

The Fuji GFX sensor, comprehensively outperforms the Nikon Z7 sensor.

Lefty

Looks for 'Fingers in Ears' emoji - not listening to anyone who talks about new gear.....:p

Though here is a 100% crop to keep you amused :D

16aRpnU.jpg

@Gromit - for a real jaw on floor moment, head over to DP Review and download one of the sample GFX100 RAW files.

It's a sobering experience!

Lefty

Struggling a bit with the Fuji X-E3 (it's clearly me, not the camera, as evidenced by @ff1d1l instant mastery of it). I love its ergonomics and the shooting experience is wonderful. However, I am struggling with the files. Let me explain...

Today, I had a lovely afternoon at Pegsdon Hills with my son / dog photographing a farmer ploughing his fields a tractor. The light was lovely, but the images are a bit.... lack lustre. Perhaps the light wasn't as good as I remember? Anyhow, wanting to express the beauty of the location, I found myself revisiting the archives for a shot from the same location, taken on a summer evening which I hadn't got round to processing. The reason is it's a full on sunset shot, and being honest, I fund these tricky to process. I finally decided to have a go. I tried to be as sensitive as I could, whilst remaining as faithful to the vibrancy of the scene. A tricky balance.

Summer by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor Z 24-70mm f4 S

Lefty

@Lefty,

Lovely shot. Clearly you are near the bit of the world I grew-up in; your pic just the other side of the A6 from one of my utterly-favourite spots for all sorts of reasons - the Sharpenhoe Clappers: an iron-age fort long-overgrown entirely by Beech trees. Sunday afternoons kicking through fallen leaves as a kid, later cycling out & round there on my own as a young teen for a bit of space ... and still.

..Still
a/the place I find utter peace, whatever mood I am in, any time of the year & weather, & esp. whenever I visit my parents :)

ETA: two in response, 26-28 dec 2016:

My parents, who remain always in step with one another: a long walk round & past the Clappers, pictured over the far side of the hill descending towards Barton.

DSCF7867_Les%20parongs_800px.jpg

Dad - at Houghton House, two days later: Houghton House v likely the model for the House Beautiful in (local lad) John Bunyan's 'The Pilgrim's Progress'.
DSCF7858_Dad%2Choughton%20house_800px.jpg

@Lefty,

Lovely shot. Clearly you are near the bit of the world I grew-up in; your pic just the other side of the A6 from one of my utterly-favourite spots for all sorts of reasons - the Sharpenhoe Clappers: an iron-age fort long-overgrown entirely by Beech trees. Sunday afternoons kicking through fallen leaves as a kid, later cycling out & round there on my own as a young teen for a bit of space ... and still.

..Still
a/the place I find utter peace, whatever mood I am in, any time of the year & weather, & esp. whenever I visit my parents :)

ETA: two in response, 26-28 dec 2016:

My parents, who remain always in step with one another: a long walk round & past the Clappers, pictured over the far side of the hill descending towards Barton.

DSCF7867_Les%20parongs_800px.jpg

Dad - at Houghton House, two days later:
DSCF7858_Dad%2Choughton%20house_800px.jpg

Small world - I know both Houghton House (I worked literally down the road from it for 8 years) and the Sharepnhoe Clappers well! I was feeling a bit down about being trapped locally for so long, but you have well and truly cheered me up - thank you!

I must get myself along to Houghton House. It's much busier than I am used to seeing it in that picture with your dad. A shame as it's a nice place.

Wonderful images.

Lefty

Thank you.
But it's a bit of the world I've huge affection for still, the chalk escarpment and clay vales with the former brickfields below; cycling-out on the Downs from Dunstable and following the Chilterns via say Ivinghoe Beacon via Tring so -on out, south west into Bucks where the countryside pattern and interest continues.

Lovely.

When conditions allow - if you are that close and I'm likely to visit I'll PM you if I may; - a coffee , a chat and a walk with cameras would be ace; lets sort something out!

(& next time you feel out-of-sorts just go sit at the far end of the Clappers, on the high edge just inside the curtilage of the largest beeches; watch the vale beyond on three sides - yet just listen to the breeze in the mighty trees for a while.

It's only been that way for >>2500years.

Always gave & still lends me a deep sense of peace; in fact, just writing this now I can picture & feel it yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back