advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
50966802162_677d87921f_b.jpg

50965988728_ec6984074b_b.jpg

Fuji X10

Really nice (and shows great skill both in image taking and processing - love the fact they are taken on 10 year old tech)

Really nice (and shows great skill both in image taking and processing - love the fact they are taken on 10 year old tech)

Thanks David. Lefty has a lot to answer for with his new Fuji walkaround camera, so I'm just trying to keep up! SOOC Jpegs with little else required

Thanks David. Lefty has a lot to answer for with his new Fuji walkaround camera, so I'm just trying to keep up! SOOC Jpegs with little else required

Well I'm desperately trying not to buy any new gear (not helped by the fact that my son is rocking an EOS-R!!), and seeing stuff like this from an X10, shows me that I'm on the right path, I need to up my camera skills rather than buy new tech.

@Lefty is one of those really irritating people that can make good pictures with anything :D:p:D give him a pinhole camera and some photo sensitive paper and he would still produce something rewarding that you want to hang on your wall.

For barely touch SOOC JPEGs they are truly stunning :)

John - these are stunning! I think it's me who is playing catch up!

Well I'm desperately trying not to buy any new gear (not helped by the fact that my son is rocking an EOS-R!!), and seeing stuff like this from an X10, shows me that I'm on the right path, I need to up my camera skills rather than buy new tech.

@Lefty is one of those really irritating people that can make good pictures with anything :D:p:D give him a pinhole camera and some photo sensitive paper and he would still produce something rewarding that you want to hang on your wall.

For barely touch SOOC JPEGs they are truly stunning :)

Far too kind David - I feel like I'm currently fumbling around in the dark with my X-E3, whilst you guys are making your Fujis sing!

Re: new kit, the right answer is always to invest time in trips out / refining your skills. As John has shown with his wonderful X10 images, it ain't the camera, it's the photographer.

I had a most enjoyable late afternoon dog walk with the X-E3 and I finally had some light (unlike on my dull and dreary outing on Sunday). Just about to sit down with the images. A couple looked ok through the viewfinder so here's hoping...

Lefty

Yes, I'm definitely a convert to IBIS and when so well implemented by Olympus, it's amazing what you can get away with. Didn't try it any slower than 1/60 for this picture; the f/l means holding things really steady, and extremely difficult. Lens was one stop down from fully open - when used wide open its CA is quite shocking. :D
Yes it is really impressive I seem to shake like a leaf - I have relied on tripods, fast shutter and or flash to get a sharp image I think my next digital camera will have to be with IBIS.

Yes it is really impressive I seem to shake like a leaf - I have relied on tripods, fast shutter and or flash to get a sharp image I think my next digital camera will have to be with IBIS.

Couldn't do without it really - have used Oly M4/3 pretty much from the outset with legacy lenses so IBIS was/is an absolute must - particularly with the heavier Leica stuff and adapted SLR lenses.

(Can't believe its over 10 years since the E-P1 came out - eek!!)

Must admit, I do miss IBIS on the X-E3. On the Z7, I'd go so far as to say it's essential (due to the high resolution of the sensor, which magnifies any camera shake).

Lefty

What is sometimes interesting is how IBIS affects images taken at faster speeds (eg 1/250sec). It definitely helps get rid of what I might call 'jitters' in images. It means a little bit of pixel-peeping to notice - although you don't need anything like 100% to see it. On getting my first ever IBIS-equipped camera (an OM-D E-M1) I was surprised how clear and sharp its images were c/w the camera I was using before. This wasn't down to optics (although pretty much all the Oly lenses are superb) as it was also demonstrable through adapted glass - which is another thing going for it vs lens IS. All lenses are stabilised.

Using my Nikon Df (a camera I love more, the more I use it) I do have to keep reminding myself that it doesn't have any IS and to use it accordingly.

It's like a built in tripod you don't have to carry - brilliant! I will have to see what's about. I was looking at the XE3 as they are a good deal at the moment but as Lefty says no IBIS, I have always loved Fuji colours though. Fuji and Kodak pro cameras were/are great for skin tones and beautiful colour in general.

It's like a built in tripod you don't have to carry - brilliant! I will have to see what's about. I was looking at the XE3 as they are a good deal at the moment but as Lefty says no IBIS, I have always loved Fuji colours though. Fuji and Kodak pro cameras were/are great for skin tones and beautiful colour in general.

Fuji IBIS choices X-H1 (now only available s/h), X-T4, X-S10 and GFX100/GFX100S - good place to look is thye official refurb store https://shop.fujifilm.co.uk/digital-cameras/refurbished-digital-cameras/compact-system-cameras

I wouldn't let the lack of IBIS put you off. For the price they are available for at the moment - it's a great camera.

Lefty

It's certainly worth having a play with an IBIS-equipped camera to see what you think.

For action photography it's probably not worth it, although several makes have cameras which now allow for it by having settings for horizontal panning etc.

It's certainly worth having a play with an IBIS-equipped camera to see what you think.

For action photography it's probably not worth it, although several makes have cameras which now allow for it by having settings for horizontal panning etc.

Yes I will have a look. I am not really into action, mainly Portraits, Landscapes and Street, having IBIS would work well for me I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back