advertisement

PFM Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.
If serious I suspect some of you may need to clear your cookies and run malware detection as it is not unknown to pick up stuff on more dodgy parts of the internet that actually injects into Ad Sense (i.e. malware). I have dating, gambling etc turned off in the Google control panel so if that sort of stuff is appearing I suspect it is a browser or other security issue.

. I have dating, gambling etc turned off in the Google control panel so if that sort of stuff is appearing I suspect it is a browser or other security issue.
I wish. Just Chord electronics. Looks as appealing as yesterday's dishwater.

I get pretty disgusting adverts for Snus. If you don't know what this is, it's a kind of tobacco you stick under your top lip.

Popular in Sweden. Can we stop it Tony?

it cause mouth cancer and rots teeth. The murdering tobacco companies are desperately trying to make it popular in places where they can't kill enough people from smoking anymore.

Stephen

Actually there’s virtually no clinically substantiated link between snus use and any kind of cancer, including oral. They had to take the cancer warnings off the packaging in Sweden a few years ago (the warnings had been basically automatically included because tobacco, but then it was pointed out there was no demonstrable link, unlike the vast majority of tobacco products).

People forged a mental link between snus and visually similar but highly carcinogenic American products like Skoal Bandits years ago. As a result of that, and lobbying by tobacco firms which don’t have proper snus products to sell, an EU ban has been upheld despite plenty of evidence that snus is dramatically effective as a smoking cessation aid, and is around 95% safer than smoking (similar to vaping IIRC).

Lifting the ban on snus (and only snus, made in the proper Swedish way - no letting tobacco companies broaden the definition to include ‘chew’ or anything like that) could save lives.

I'm seeing some adverts in German, which is weird because I'm in the UK but my laptop runs Windows 10 in French. :confused:

I'm getting lots of weird adverts for online courses in stuff I can't even begin to understand. 'Competitive Analysis' anyone?

Don’t delay, sign up today!

PS I’m getting Kef speakers and something to do with a Vauxhall car (I don’t drive).

Social Media Management... Marketing 360 degrees consultancy... Build the man, build the world... Now available 'for a Affordable Price'. :eek:

I'm getting lots of weird adverts for online courses in stuff I can't even begin to understand. 'Competitive Analysis' anyone?
I was given the chance to ‘integrate AppSec across my SDLC’ yesterday (I wrote it down so I didn’t forget it.) It’s a tempting proposition, obviously.

Strangely I have just had Helicopter charter hire and at the top of the page holiday home lets. Not a clue where they came from

I'm getting ads for Skelton Lakes services, just to the NE of Leeds. Fairly useless to me, living in the city here. I'm not going to cross the city for a McDo or overpriced petrol.

I used to get cottages in Switzerland, they were rather nice. For £50k I could have a cottage with water but no electricity, 400m from a road, halfway up an Alp, or in the Jura there was a modern villa with parking, it was a great bit of escapism.

I’m getting ads for The Week, “Award winning reading for 8 - 14 year olds”.

Seems the algorithm has me sussed.

I used to get cottages in Switzerland, they were rather nice. For £50k I could have a cottage with water but no electricity, 400m from a road, halfway up an Alp, or in the Jura there was a modern villa with parking, it was a great bit of escapism.

Send those to me, please ! :)

Currently I'm getting boots, lots and lots of boots. Before that it was industrial power transformers, switch-gear and dolls house kits.

Just after viewing the Trump v Biden thread when I went back to the Off Topic forum this ad appeared:

47d7n9agfhv1.png

Like I've said before, I'm sure the ads sometimes follow the subject matter of threads here.

Just after viewing the Trump v Biden thread when I went back to the Off Topic forum this ad appeared:

Like I've said before, I'm sure the ads sometimes follow the subject matter of threads here.

It annoys me that such things do slip through. I have all political ads blocked.

47d7n9agfhv1.png

Not by picking up on your browsing history? :p

Actually there’s virtually no clinically substantiated link between snus use and any kind of cancer, including oral. They had to take the cancer warnings off the packaging in Sweden a few years ago (the warnings had been basically automatically included because tobacco, but then it was pointed out there was no demonstrable link, unlike the vast majority of tobacco products).

People forged a mental link between snus and visually similar but highly carcinogenic American products like Skoal Bandits years ago. As a result of that, and lobbying by tobacco firms which don’t have proper snus products to sell, an EU ban has been upheld despite plenty of evidence that snus is dramatically effective as a smoking cessation aid, and is around 95% safer than smoking (similar to vaping IIRC).

Lifting the ban on snus (and only snus, made in the proper Swedish way - no letting tobacco companies broaden the definition to include ‘chew’ or anything like that) could save lives.

These ads are not about ‘quitting smoking’. They are about getting kids addicted to nicotine.

Could you provide the evidence for your assertions that Snus is harmless? I’ve read studies that say the opposite. It certainly rots teeth. I’ve seen that first hand.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back