advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be some form of a trick tomorrow so May can further run down the clock. I'm intrigued to see what it is.
The only thing we know for certain is that it will be without conscience.

There will be some form of a trick tomorrow so May can further run down the clock. I'm intrigued to see what it is.
The only thing we know for certain is that it will be without conscience.

Declaration of martial law, suspension of habeas corpus and triumphal headlines in the Mail and Express extolling how this is only reasonable given the combination of external threat* and the fifth column of traitorous Remainers flaunting the willofthepeople(tm). Parliamentary sovereignty is nothing compared to the result of one referendum. Magna Carta - PAH!

* Multiple external threats - the EU, brown people, foreigners who won't let us win at association football and goats cheese

Apparently she going to amend it to something Parliament wants to transmit to Brussels like no permanent backstop. A fantasy vote on something already rejected in Brussels in other words. It’ll show Europe we mean business. She will try anything to cling on to power. I’m going to celebrate when she’s booted out by her colleagues.

Nicola Jennings on May's plan to save her Brexit deal – cartoon

3035.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...plan-to-save-her-brexit-deal-cartoon#comments

Declaration of martial law, suspension of habeas corpus and triumphal headlines in the Mail and Express extolling how this is only reasonable given the combination of external threat* and the fifth column of traitorous Remainers flaunting the willofthepeople(tm). Parliamentary sovereignty is nothing compared to the result of one referendum. Magna Carta - PAH!

* Multiple external threats - the EU, brown people, foreigners who won't let us win at association football and goats cheese

"Bonfire of the Remoaners! May announces traitorous, EU-loving Remoaner MPs will be SET ALIGHT on Parliament Square," says the Mail.

Even if they recant as the faggots are lit?

Cometh the hour, cometh the homunculus with a lit torch,

2j73pu.jpg

Poundstretcher Thomas Cromwell

Even if they recant as the faggots are lit?

Cometh the hour, cometh the homunculus with a lit torch,

2j73pu.jpg

Poundstretcher Thomas Cromwell

God, he's a div. Unfortunately the UK seems to be full of them. It's a shame the Brexiteers can't be deported somewhere.

Perhaps the DUP would welcome them in Northern Ireland.

Jack

God, he's a div. Unfortunately the UK seems to be full of them. It's a shame the Brexiteers can't be deported somewhere.

Perhaps the DUP would welcome them in Northern Ireland.

Jack

Makes you wish you could divide the country in two and all move to live in our respective countries. I feel the same about GOP voters here. It's like having to cohabit with a deeply dysfunctional relative who is constantly dragging you down.

^^ OK move the remaining GOP voters out of California/Oregon/Washington to rest of hill billy USA or the UK if they wish; and everyone who voted Remain can move to California/Oregon/Washington which leaves the USA and joins Canada. win win win

Forgive my naivete as I have pretty much ignored this thread for the past 2 years. Has there been any discussion as to whether May's long term hidden agenda always was to scupper Brexit, but to do it without directly going against the results of the referendum?

Seems like the endgame of the extraordinary current nonsense and the impossibility of getting any of the protagonists to ever agree on anything. She seems to be trying to manipulate the situation to a point where Brexit is delayed and ultimately re-referendum'd so she can get what she always wanted ie remain whilst looking like she is enacting the will'o't'people.

Forgive my naivete as I have pretty much ignored this thread for the past 2 years. Has there been any discussion as to whether May's long term hidden agenda always was to scupper Brexit, but to do it without directly going against the results of the referendum?

Seems like the endgame of the extraordinary current nonsense and the impossibility of getting any of the protagonists to ever agree on anything. She seems to be trying to manipulate the situation to a point where Brexit is delayed and ultimately re-referendum'd so she can get what she always wanted ie remain whilst looking like she is enacting the will'o't'people.
I think the well worn phrase “a cock up not a conspiracy” applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back