advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said many times - who the heck did you expect to implement Brexit? Hint: It was the Conservatives. The next election was due post Leave ffs.

Brexit was a Tory project.
You knew they would be implementing it.
You sided with the Tory Brexiteers and UKIP.

You effectively voted to enact a damaging Tory policy. This is the result of your personal voting choices. All left-leaning leave voters need to take responsibility for this.

Stephen
The ref was a vote to leave the EU, has zero to do with Tory policy. I & 17 million others voted as they saw fit, as did you.
Now May has demolished any chance of Brexit happening so you can relax, it was never going to happen.

She’s not going in that hat surely? Is she planning to take a couple of lute players and bamboozle them with a ‘hey nonny nonny’ and a courtly gigue?

2ur1s88.jpg

Just need some tar to go with that feather...

Forgive my naivete as I have pretty much ignored this thread for the past 2 years. Has there been any discussion as to whether May's long term hidden agenda always was to scupper Brexit, but to do it without directly going against the results of the referendum?

Seems like the endgame of the extraordinary current nonsense and the impossibility of getting any of the protagonists to ever agree on anything. She seems to be trying to manipulate the situation to a point where Brexit is delayed and ultimately re-referendum'd so she can get what she always wanted ie remain whilst looking like she is enacting the will'o't'people.

At this point I'd say no deal Brexit is just as likely as remain, and I suspect May would be happy with the former since it will allow her to keep EU nationals out. Plus, as Dec points out a cock up is much more plausible than a conspiracy.

The ladder to allow the ERG/DUP to climb down is being nailed together as we speak. The party is saved!!

The UK is fvcked, but the party is saved.

The ref was a vote to leave the EU, has zero to do with Tory policy. I & 17 million others voted as they saw fit, as did you.
Now May has demolished any chance of Brexit happening so you can relax, it was never going to happen.

Feel free to ignore the fact that it was always going to be the Tories who implemented the Tory project that you voted for.

A large part of that 17 plus million were Tory voters who got what they wanted.

I voted for the status quo and the chance of a 2020 election and a Labour government.

Tory Brexit will happen one way or another. You should be happy as you’ll get what you voted for.

Stephen

I think the well worn phrase “a cock up not a conspiracy” applies.

I am very much a suporter and user of that phrase for many things and certainly do not wish to credit May with any strategic genius but how hard can it be to imagine the current situation. You have a vote that MP’s and the EU don’t agree with but have to enact. There is no possibility there would ever be a mutually satisfactory outcome.

We know two things about May:
1) She does the same thing over and over again.
2) She can't be stopped.

So thinking logically, the likeliest thing that will happen is the May loses the vote. Then she goes back to Brussels to seek the changes to win her the vote next time. Though presumably she'll request an extension after the Commons votes for it.

Probably something will be done to try and stop her doing the exact same thing again. It will, of course, fail.

Forgive my naivete as I have pretty much ignored this thread for the past 2 years. Has there been any discussion as to whether May's long term hidden agenda always was to scupper Brexit, but to do it without directly going against the results of the referendum?

Seems like the endgame of the extraordinary current nonsense and the impossibility of getting any of the protagonists to ever agree on anything. She seems to be trying to manipulate the situation to a point where Brexit is delayed and ultimately re-referendum'd so she can get what she always wanted ie remain whilst looking like she is enacting the will'o't'people.

She's far to incompetent to plan and pull off something like that. If it was her plan then she'll clean up at the Oscars next year, a more convincing portrayal of a bumbling buffoon the acting world is unlikely ever to witness.

Feel free to ignore the fact that it was always going to be the Tories who implemented the Tory project that you voted for.

A large part of that 17 plus million were Tory voters who got what they wanted.

I voted for the status quo and the chance of a 2020 election and a Labour government.

Tory Brexit will happen one way or another. You should be happy as you’ll get what you voted for.

Stephen
You voted as you saw fit, so did I.

May has failed to deliver on the biggest democratic vote this country has ever seen, she needs to go. I expect her to resign tomorrow if the deal put before parliament is rejected.

Brexit is now in the hands of parliament.
A remain campaigner was never going to deliver Brexit & is why it has become a shambles.
In business you don't hand over the reigns to the least qualified to handle a deal.

I have said this before, I would prefer to remain than accept May's botched deal, it's as useless a deal I have witnessed in life.

We know two things about May:
1) She does the same thing over and over again.
2) She can't be stopped.

So thinking logically, the likeliest thing that will happen is the May loses the vote. Then she goes back to Brussels to seek the changes to win her the vote next time. Though presumably she'll request an extension after the Commons votes for it.

Probably something will be done to try and stop her doing the exact same thing again. It will, of course, fail.

I get more exasperated by the day. As I've said many times before, it's a complete abomination that this racist, incompetent, charmless imbecile ever became prime minister. That the self-serving bastards in the Tory party have allowed her to hang onto her position is beyond a disgrace.

It's a miracle she's lasted so long. The optimist in me hopes that we are only days away from her end. I hope it's suitably humiliating and painful.

I get more exasperated by the day. As I've said many times before, it's a complete abomination that this racist, incompetent, charmless imbecile ever became prime minister. That the self-serving bastards in the Tory party have allowed her to hang onto her position is beyond a disgrace.

It's a miracle she's lasted so long. The optimist in me hopes that we are only days away from her end. I hope it's suitably humiliating and painful.
"I delivered Brexit & parliament rejected it" will be her parting words tomorrow.
The delusional mind of a woman who cannot see beyond her own self preservation.

It is very likely that the replacement will be worse.
Probably the worst 2 years in office of any UK prime minister as far as incompetence is concerned. Here's hoping her replacement is worse, maybe then the country will wake up.

A remain campaigner was never going to deliver Brexit & is why it has become a shambles.

She opted for a hard version of Brexit that was incompatible with the GFA, and that is why it is a mess. It has nothing to do with her remain sympathies, if they are genuine, because otherwise she could have gone for a softer Brexit. She’s too stupid to support the theory that she’s deliberately sabotaged the whole thing.

They've wheeled out Ben “Sterilise the huge sea of unemployed wasters” Bradley to speak for the Tories on C4. He was asked about his conversion to full blown ERG fan from remain. It’s quite simple- he’s a Tory on the make.

She opted for a hard version of Brexit that was incompatible with the GFA, and that is why it is a mess. It has nothing to do with her remain sympathies, if they are genuine, because otherwise she could have gone for a softer Brexit. She’s too stupid to support the theory that she’s deliberately sabotaged the whole thing.
It's to do with both her & parliaments inability to lead the country. The deal is a mish mash of utter incompetence, appealing to neither leave or remain.

You voted as you saw fit, so did I.

May has failed to deliver on the biggest democratic vote this country has ever seen, she needs to go. I expect her to resign tomorrow if the deal put before parliament is rejected.

Resign? My God I pray you're right but there is no evidence at all that her character would allow her to do that. The woman is an oddball, probably mad in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back