advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the Tory leadership...err...cvntenders - Flotsam*
...or as we say around these parts - "Shite Floats"

(Flotsam* is the debris afloat around a shipwreck)

Get ready for Raab. He’s got his Facebook page and Twitter account. Portillo got 20 BT phone lines installed to oust Maggie, now it’s “New Technology” Michael.

ojmkar.jpg

Shouldn’t that say “Ready to rob” after all, he’s a Tory.

As will I, Mrs farfromthesun and 2x mini farfromthesuns (eldest - 10 - is continually nagging me about making a placard and also trying to clarify the ground rules about joining in with any sweary-chanting).

I thought the People’s Vote Marchers were all meant to be nice middle-class people (or as this is a political thread perhaps that’s hard-nice) who only got sweary in moments of extreme stress (eg lemon grass out of stock in Waitrose?)

I thought the People’s Vote Marchers were all meant to be nice middle-class people (or as this is a political thread perhaps that’s hard-nice) who only got sweary in moments of extreme stress (eg lemon grass out of stock in Waitrose?)

You're probably right. I think she's asking because she saw me looking at one of the student climate march videos where the entire lot of them were chanting "f*** Theresa May" repetitively.

Sky News are reporting that once again the Tories are once again about to place themselves above any democratic accountability and are likely to reword tomorrow’s ‘meaningful vote’ into something less damaging to themselves. Yet another example of the treacherous 100% self-interest as we have come to expect.

You're probably right. I think she's asking because she saw me looking at one of the student climate march videos where the entire lot of them were chanting "f*** Theresa May" repetitively.
No, she's asking because she wants to know under what circumstances she can get away with a good old swear.

Sky News are reporting that once again the Tories are once again about to place themselves above any democratic accountability and are likely to reword tomorrow’s ‘meaningful vote’ into something less damaging to themselves. Yet another example of the treacherous 100% self-interest as we have come to expect.

It’s already official that the government has contempt for parliament - so if you’ve got it, you might as well flaunt it.

Re the Tory leadership...err...cvntenders - Flotsam*
...or as we say around these parts - "Shite Floats"

(Flotsam* is the debris afloat around a shipwreck)
Does anybody want any flotsam?
I've gotsam.
Does anybody want any jetsam?
I can getsam.
Ogden Nash

Plucky Theresa standing up to the EU bullies. Good on her!

Tee hee. This is probably a good summary of where we are as a county. Up s**t creek without a boat.

"Steven Swinford‏Verified account @Steven_Swinford
Brexit latest:
* Ministers think PM's deal will be defeated by 200 votes
* One said: 'We're a long way up shit creek, never mind a paddle we don't have a boat'
* No 10 has barred ministers from airwaves
* Some think conditional vote could become resigning issue for PM
10:50 AM - 11 Mar 2019"

PS Nearly 10% of British banking assets have (already) been moved abroad https://newfinancial.org/the-impact-of-brexit-on-the-city/

It is beyond belief. How come a dozen old gits in the backwater of a hi-fi forum predicted just this and the government could not see it coming?

It is beyond belief. How come a dozen old gits in the backwater of a hi-fi forum predicted just this and the government could not see it coming?
I think a lot of people said this government and its Brexit would be a disaster but maybe partly in jest with a nervous laugh, hoping they’d be wrong (me included). Unfortunately, in many respects its proved to be far worse than feared. Particularly the political weakness and instability- the polar opposite of what the Ozzie fag salesman promised.

wryjc4.jpg

The political lie that will haunt the Conservatives for a generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back