advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resign? My God I pray you're right but there is no evidence at all that her character would allow her to do that. The woman is an oddball, probably mad in fact.
I fully expect her deal to be rejected.
Her leadership has now become untenable. Even someone as delusional as May will realise this.

They've wheeled out Ben “Sterilise the huge sea of unemployed wasters” Bradley to speak for the Tories on C4. He was asked about his conversion to full blown ERG fan from remain. It’s quite simple- he’s a Tory on the make.

When I was driving back from work they had some ERG moron on PM talking to Evan Davies spouting utter b****cks like No Deal is better than May's deal, and that No Deal was actually a deal in itself. At this point I switched over to another station for the sake of my sanity and safe driving.

If the very worst happens then the BBC should be held partially responsible for giving these dangerous idiots a platform without being challenged.

Her leadership has now become untenable. Even someone as delusional as May will realise this.

Her leadership became untenable when she threw away her majority at the last election. Then it became even more untenable when she did the sordid deal with the DUP. It's always been untenable. It always will be untenable. That is no reason for her to consider resigning. It's nothing new you see.

When I was driving back from work they had some ERG moron on PM talking to Evan Davies spouting utter b****cks like No Deal is better than May's deal, and that No Deal was actually a deal in itself. At this point I switched over to another station for the sake of my sanity and safe driving.

If the very worst happens then the BBC should be held partially responsible for giving these dangerous idiots a platform without being challenged.

Good point - what have these political shysters done for the mental and moral welfare of people who used to try to listen to or watch the news with a degree of interest and even trust? Watching C4 news this evening I just had to turn it off in both frustration and incredulity. Apart from Yvette Cooper virtually no-one seemed to inhabit this universe. (Maybe Brexit Is some kind of parallel universe or nightmare from which we’ll escape or awake?). Makes 1984 seem somehow quite realist rather than imaginary!

Her leadership became untenable when she threw away her majority at the last election. Then it became even more untenable when she did the sordid deal with the DUP. It's always been untenable. It always will be untenable. That is no reason for her to consider resigning. It's nothing new you see.
You are correct regarding the DUP/election but no prime minister would resign over this. Brexit has taken Tory incompetency to new levels, it has taken parliamentary incompetency to new levels too. D-day tomorrow, we will see.

I think ...

She'll resign the day after we leave on the 29th with her deal, as it will eventually pass. She'll say 'job done'.

Then there'll be an election in May and five more years of Conservative rule and chaos with a Brexiteer PM and further Austerity.

That's what the leave vote has brought about.

Stephen

I think ...

She'll resign the day after we leave on the 29th with her deal, as it will eventually pass. She'll say 'job done'.

Then there'll be an election in May and five more years of Conservative rule and chaos with a Brexiteer PM and further Austerity.

I suspect that is close to reality, but the new TIGgers have likely rendered any majority for either party highly unlikely as I suspect a lot of ERG-hating Tories will not vote for an obviously alt-right Johnson/Rees-Mogg extremism and Labour don’t stand a chance either way as long as they are led by Corbyn/McDonnell. If Brexit goes through a Tory minority parliament is the best option IMO, i.e. the Tories take the blame for what is entirely their mess, but their extremism, xenophobia and class war against the poor will be mitigated to some degree by the progressives who will hold the balance of power.

It is certainly looking pretty likely I’ll get to cash my bet in anyhow! I’ll be amazed if we get through this year without a GE.

Martin Rowson on May's last-ditch efforts to save her deal – cartoon
4846.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-last-ditch-efforts-to-save-her-deal-cartoon

I think ...

That's what the leave vote has brought about.

Stephen
I think she will stay on for a while because (a) there will be a backstop to sort out (which will have been fudged in order to get the deal through) and she won’t want to be accused of running like Cameron did; (b) she will love the Brexit adulation from the tabloids; (c) she has a couple of years of transition before things go pear-shaped and (d) I have a few quid at decent odds on Le Corbeau being the next party leader to quit.

I think she will stay on for a while because (a) there will be a backstop to sort out (which will have been fudged in order to get the deal through) and she won’t want to be accused of running like Cameron did; (b) she will love the Brexit adulation from the tabloids; (c) she has a couple of years of transition before things go pear-shaped and (d) I have a few quid at decent odds on Le Corbeau being the next party leader to quit.

This can’t possibly be right as I won’t win my £70 Tory-Brexit quids.

PS At what point is it acceptable to stockpile food? How many cans of cold beans will see a person through a hard-Tory-Brexit? How many baseball bats is ‘too many’ for a typical three bed house?

a Tory minority parliament is the best option IMO, i.e. the Tories take the blame for what is entirely their mess, but their extremism, xenophobia and class war against the poor will be mitigated to some degree by the progressives who will hold the balance of power.
Now we have entered fantasy camp. Tories to be blamed by the voting public will be a first in my lifetime.
I see an absolute Tory majority come a GE, mainly down to the delusional public who feel May has done her best & those on the centre left who feel they need to punish Corbyn for Brexit.

Parliamentary idiocy seems to be catching amongst the well educated left.

Now we have entered fantasy camp.

What part is fantasy? The basic math suggests neither major party is likely to win a majority, but the Tories, even under May, look to be ahead of Corbyn’s backwards-moving Labour. As such it looks like the progressives will hold the balance of power.

PS As pfm’s Brexiter I assume you will be voting ERG/Tory as they will follow through your destructive and vindictive wishes.

Hey, Lady Raga, bet you wish you had my MP

Dear constituent

In order to respond to several emails I have received on this matter I offer this generic response. I hope you understand that due to the number of messages I receive that I cannot respond individually.

On Tuesday of this week there will be another vote on Mrs May’s deal. I can’t see any significant difference to the one which was most definitely turned down. I will be voting against it.

Then on Wednesday there is likely to be an opportunity to object the ‘no deal’ option again. This is what I will be doing.

On Thursday it’s possible there will be a vote to extend Article 50. Even though she’s said many times that we are leaving the EU on March 29th, you will, I’m sure, have noticed that Mrs May has softened her viewpoint slightly and now mentions a short extension of a few months. I will vote for the extension.

From my contacts in the EU I can say with some certainty that the European Union will approve the extension – if there is a specific reason for an extension. In my opinion, there would be a definite advantage to extend it for a substantial period.

This would give us the advantage of discussing our future relationship as well as the deal on leaving, whilst still being a member of the Union – ‘ a rule maker rather than a rule taker’. It would also give an opportunity to arrange a referendum on the actual deal for leaving, should there be a parliamentary majority to do so, and not the fantasy deal which was offered in the 2016 referendum.

I hope this explains my standpoint. You are, of course welcome to write to me again on this.

Hywel Williams AS/MP

Etholaeth ARFON Constituency

Plaid Cymru | Party of Wales

8 Stryd y Castell | Caernarfon | LL55 1SE

Dispatches: The Brexit Millionaires
TONIGHT at 8 on @Channel4

Just watched it on demand now. Predictably depressing just how duplicitious, self-interested and fundamentally corrupt the likes of Rees-Mogg, Jenkins etc who are paid to serve the electorate are in reality. Utter scum. The investment bankers financing the disgraced Leave.EU fraud whilst quietly shorting the pound and British indistry provide all the lessons in human nature one needs. Show me someone who doesn’t think Brexit was an out and out scam by now and I’ll show you either an idiot or a thief.

I see an absolute Tory majority come a GE, mainly down to the delusional public who feel May has done her best & those on the centre left who feel they need to let Brexiteers find out what Brexit really means for them, because telling them didn't work.
FTFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back