advertisement

Oh Britain, what have you done (part ∞+17)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
wryjc4.jpg

The political lie that will haunt the Conservatives for a generation.
I have my doubts, the voting public are fickle beasts when it comes to their own financial security. It's why they are still in power after 9 years of some of the worst political leadership in my lifetime.

“They have besmirched the name of Britain. They have made us ashamed of the things of which formerly we were proud. They have offended against every principle of decency and there is only way in which they can even begin to restore their tarnished reputation and that is to get out! Get out! Get out!”.

Bevan on a previous disaster of a Conservative Government. Eden had the decency to scuttle off, while May having lost all authority, draws out her stay at No.10. Not for much longer though.

“They have besmirched the name of Britain. They have made us ashamed of the things of which formerly we were proud. They have offended against every principle of decency and there is only way in which they can even begin to restore their tarnished reputation and that is to get out! Get out! Get out!”.

Bevan on a previous disaster of a Conservative Government. Eden had the decency to scuttle off, while May having lost all authority, draws out her stay at No.10. Not for much longer though.
I agree but:
The frontrunners [for next Conservative Party leader] are considered to be Boris Johnson backed by Jacob Rees-Mogg, Jeremy Hunt, Sajid Javid and Dominic Raab. But Michael Gove could have another go, Liz Truss has undoubted ambitions, Andrea Leadsom has been mulling another attempt, David Davis still has not given up hope, Matthew Hancock is being “urged to stand” by colleagues, Esther McVey and Priti Patel are favoured by some hardline Eurosceptics, and Gavin Williamson has shown signs of gearing up for a shot at the top. Would Liam Fox even try again for consistency’s sake after failing in the last two contests?
If the hard-Brexit mob can agree on their candidate, whoever it is will easily win the party members' ballot.

I agree but:

If the hard-Brexit mob can agree on their candidate, whoever it is will easily win the party members' ballot.
Which one would create the biggest run on the pound? Pritti gets my vote. Makes you want to open a Euro account and sign up with Transferwise.com

I voted Labour last election, Lib dem in 2010, never voted Tory.
The ref was independent of party policies.

We are still yet to leave BTW.

As has been said many times - who the heck did you expect to implement Brexit? Hint: It was the Conservatives. The next election was due post Leave ffs.

Brexit was a Tory project.
You knew they would be implementing it.
You sided with the Tory Brexiteers and UKIP.

You effectively voted to enact a damaging Tory policy. This is the result of your personal voting choices. All left-leaning leave voters need to take responsibility for this.

Stephen

Michelle Dewberry (ex-Apprentice) on Politics Live: This whole Brexit label is confusing. You either leave the EU or you don't.

FFS!

Fear not, at difficult times for any country, an opportunity arises for a new leader.

Someone who has integrity, a calm influence in tricky situations. An ability to build alliances, forge friendships and remain statesmanlike when others are baying and losing their minds.

A kindly person of humilty with a generosity of spirit, someone with qualities and abilities that inspire others to be better people.

The kind of individual who exhausted followers will carry on their bare backs while they crawl over broken glass in a howling blizzard, just to prevent him from sullying his own fair skin.

A leader who by sheer force of personality will weld together even the most open of wounds, soothed with the balm of the ultimate consideration for the welfare of their fellow man or woman..........

Unfortunately,

images

Michelle Dewberry (ex-Apprentice) on Politics Live: This whole Brexit label is confusing. You either leave the EU or you don't.

FFS!
The Brexit name is confusing for other reasons. Only two of the four nations that make up ‘Britain’ voted to leave the E.U. it carries on a pretence that a lot of us dont want to be associated with. Shireshit- that’s it.

Fear not, at difficult times for any country, an opportunity arises for a new leader.

Someone who has integrity, a calm influence in tricky situations. An ability to build alliances, forge friendships and remain statesmanlike when others are baying and losing their minds.

A kindly person of humilty with a generosity of spirit, someone with qualities and abilities that inspire others to be better people.

The kind of individual who exhausted followers will carry on their bare backs while they crawl over broken glass in a howling blizzard, just to prevent him from sullying his own fair skin.

A leader who by sheer force of personality will weld together even the most open of wounds, soothed with the balm of the ultimate consideration for the welfare of their fellow man or woman..........

Unfortunately,

images
He’s top choice among Party members. What does that tell you about the Party? They’re identical to Trump supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back